Need help on the BBK 240cc LA. SLEEVE???

05BlasterManiac

Feb 22, 2012
New York
Hi, I saw that the BBK LA. SLEEVE 240cc is the best one. Before I was debating if I should just port my stock motor or get a BBK. Then I spotted my eyes on this BBK, especially because it comes already ported and polished. L.A.SLEEVE Store
Now are there any aftermarket Gaskets that are out there that I should buy that are more heavy duty than the ones that come with this kit? Also, would I still be able to use the V Force 3 reeds because for some reason and I don't know why, I feel like this will inner fear? The kit comes with a forged piston so what aftermarket rod and crank can I get to go with it?Last, but not least, the website that I posted above said that I needed to get a Keihin 36PWK carb so should I specifically get that one or are there better ones that are compatible with the kit? Lastly, would I still be able to use the Toomey pipe and get max performance out of it or I have to get a pipe that is used for like bigger motors since I am getting the BBK because I read that the Toomey is made for like lower 2 stroke motors or something like that?

Thanks!
PS. Sorry for all the questions, I just really need this info.

the 36PWK would be a good match for that kit.

if you have VF3's for your current setup, you CAN NOT use them with the LA. Sleeve big bore, because it has a different intake, you would have to get the CR250 reeds for it IIRC.

I would probably lean towards a power pros pipe (ct, f7, trinity) or a CPI big bore pipe on that motor.

If you have a good stock stroke crank that's OEM Yamaha, it's going to be just as good or better than most aftermarket options.

hope this helps, take all of this with a grain of salt!

the cylinder will come with reeds and intake, no need to buy aftermarket. the head and intake gaskets seem to be of good quality, i have never had a problem with them. i have not ran the base gaskets they provide though. the toomey will work good, but as said i would get a better pipe eventually.

the cylinder will come with reeds and intake, no need to buy aftermarket. the head and intake gaskets seem to be of good quality, i have never had a problem with them. i have not ran the base gaskets they provide though. the toomey will work good, but as said i would get a better pipe eventually.

Alright thanks, that was what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if the kit came with reeds. Also what kind of pipe because I know brandoz 28 said to get a power pros pipe (ct, f7, trinity) or a CPI big bore pipe. I just want to try to the people who have this kit or know about it post anything that could help me on this thread so I know exactly what to get.

Does any also know what aftermarket crank and rod I can use with the LA SLEEVE LAPC Forged Piston? When brandoz28 said if I have a good stock stroke crank that's OEM Yamaha, it's going to be just as good or better than most aftermarket options, does that mean if your stock crank is in good condition or??? That was one thing I don't know to much about, crank, piston and rod. I am just trying to make my Blaster go really fast so I know by adding this BBK there are some questions I need to ask because there are other parts I have to buy if I want to install the BBK.

a stock crank that's in good shape is going to be just as good or better than a a wiseco, hotrods, or other aftermarket crank.

are you going to be doing all of the assembly yourself or having a builder do it for you?

a stock crank that's in good shape is going to be just as good or better than a a wiseco, hotrods, or other aftermarket crank.

are you going to be doing all of the assembly yourself or having a builder do it for you?

I am doing the assembly all by myself. So basically the companies are just trying to get you to spend money for you to think that a aftermarket crank is better than a healthy good stocker? Also, what about the rods? I know aftermarket ones make a difference compared to stock.

the difference is that the OEM cranks tend to be held to tighter quality control standards than some of the aftermarket stuff. If you're sticking to the stock stroke, this is the way i would recommend that you go.

There's nothing wrong with using an aftermarket crank though, most of the time you'll never have a problem, just sharing my experience and the experience of others local to me.

you get proven gains with a stroker setup though, but you'll definitely want to have the jug re-ported to correct the port timing with it. it will work if you don't, but you'll be leaving power on the table.

yea the price flew up right after i bought my 240 kit for some reason.

i got mine for $599 brand new in the box :)

thats crazy, i heard they had went down in a price a year or so ago. i paid around $1,000 for the cylinder kit about 7 years ago.

you can run whatever AM pipe you have on it for now. but it would run better with a pipe designed for the BB cylinder. which pipe you choose would depend on riding style, terrain and overall setup.