Need help getting engine off

Zwiser

May 25, 2010
Harrisburg,PA
Hi, I need help getting my engine off the problem is that the bolt by the swing arm wil NOT come out ive tried every thing hammer,impact hammer,impact wrench, knoker'loose,wd-40,chain lube,grease I just need some serious help please.

are you having problems actually getting the swing arm bolt out or getting the nut off??

if its the nut, you concentrate the heat on the nut to expand it and it should zap right off.

otherwise pb blaster > wd-40

Heat does expand metal, in that sence you apply heat to the nut which will make it expand a slight bit. Try to concentrate most of the heat to the nut. Heat will also loosen rusty nuts as well as nuts that where assembled with red lock tight or blue for that matter. I only use heat if all else fails before i mess up the bolt. I assure you that heat is the next to the last alternative which is split the bolt or cut it. Give it a try it works for me about 98 percent of the time. If its the whole bolt and not the nut then i suggest a BFH and plenty of pblaster.

not the nut the bolt that goes thru the swinger and motor the nut came right off

PB Blaster and I used a long metal rod and beat the dog shi* out of it with a BFH. Mine was stuck as well because it never was off and rusty. PB Blast it real good and let it set a while and add more PB Blaster and knock the day lights out of it. Put the nut on the end as long as you can to try and save the bolt from messing up the threads and then get a smaller rod to hammer it out, thats how i had to get mine out.

sounds like u will have to drill it out, might have stripped the sh*t out of it, try some PB blaster that sh*t will loosen up anything