need help brake not lining up axle swap

702stalion

Oct 29, 2012
las vegas nv
i swapped out my rear axle for a lone star extended one and switch everything over from stock axle i tighten the 2 lock nuts on as much as i could but now the brake caliper is not lining up and the brake disk is all the way
r1.jpg
[/IMG]

r2.jpg
[/IMG]

r3.jpg
[/IMG]

r4.jpg
[/IMG]

r5.jpg
[/IMG]

rearend.jpg
[/IMG]

Is your rotor flipped the wrong way?

EDIT:

yes im sure its flipped the wrong way those bolts to remove it should face out, and from what i see that will give you your clearance.

i'm not positive about that exact axle, but my g-force/tusk, as well as most aftermarket axles, use a series of different size/width spacers to position the brake disc for the different cable/hydro brake discs on blasters and even for use on banshees.
you appear to be missing the spacer between the brake hub and carrier ? and possibly even your brake hub splines are into the seal ? which isn't going to seal water out.

i'd be willing to bet that axle is sticking out further on the left side ? make a center line on the carrier (measured) and measure from that center line to the ends of the axle. mine was off center about 1" when i had the wrong/no spacer in there.

Check what these guys said, and if its installed correctly but still off, just use washers to get the spacing you need. I swapped a banshee axle on my 01 blaster, using a banshee brake hub. The disk was off by a few mm, so I used a couple washers on each of the bolts that hold the disk onto the hub. Works like a charm and put me right where it needs to be.