My Summer Project

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
I know you all are going to yell at me for this, but whatever, I had the money and I wanted to do something big for myself.

anyhoot, I built a brand new custom PC.

heres the vid:

here are my specs:

Windows 7 Professional x64

CPU:
AMD FX 4300 @ 4.2 GHZ

Motherboard:
ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 1866mhz

Graphics Card:
EVGA GTX 660 2GB

Network Card:
Asus PCE-N15

Monitor(s) Displays:
20" Hanns-G HL203

Screen Resolution:
1600x900 60Hz

Keyboard:
Logitech K360 LE

Mouse:
Logitech G500

PSU:
Corsair CX500M

Case:
APEVIA X-DREAMER 4 BL

Cooling:
Stock

Hard Drives:
WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200RPM

Internet Speed:
60Mbps Down 8Mbps Up

im still planning on getting it water cooled via a corsair h60 or an Antec 620 water cooler. after that im then going to Overclock even more to 4.6 or 4.8GHZ

another upgrade im working at is a new FX 6350 or 8350 CPU. but that's later down the line.

I love computers and have been around computer since windows 95. since I was introduced to them, I constantly wanted to figure out how they worked. and ive always wanted to build one. so now I have. the computer is wicked fast. I primarily built it with gaming and video editing in mind. and it serves its job good.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol something like that its a intel i7 2.5ghz each core with a 1 tb but horrible graphics card D:

So get another/better card...

Motorcross, you built a custom gaming computer, and only put 8gb ram in it? Seems supprising as i have seen people put 64gb ram into their custom computers I:I

I just got the logitech m510 and have no problems... Could it be your settings on the mouse? speed or tracer?

ahh. thers no need for more RAM then 8gb. realistically even on higher resolutions then 1080p, 8gb is still fine. like ideally, 16gb is a awesome number, but playing all my games at once, then maybe ill use 8gb lol

So get another/better card...

Motorcross, you built a custom gaming computer, and only put 8gb ram in it? Seems supprising as i have seen people put 64gb ram into their custom computers I:I

I just got the logitech m510 and have no problems... Could it be your settings on the mouse? speed or tracer?

i just RMA and then returned that mouse. since im running on a wifi adapter 300mbps and it caused interference between the mouse and the adapter. so i returned it for a logitech G500

I built my gaming computer a couple years ago. It's kind of mediocre...lol gts450 gfx card, AMD athlon 2 quad core (only 2mb l2 cache), yeah I need to upgrade! (16 gigs of RAM but it's the kingston blue stuff)

Fit a set of handlebars to that beast and you will have no problem clearing that long double jump.:D:D:D

Lol, you could put handlebars on the computer to move it 8-|

Never thought of that lol, but you would have to run a brace to the sides and/or bottom so you dont bend/break the top out

looks pretty sweet, wish i had the money to build one of them babies...... but for now i have a pretty decent laptop to game on.

nice build patrick !