My blaster don't have spark

Alexgiraldo3319

May 30, 2015
Hey guys I need help I don't want to be buying stuff and no need my blaster I rebuild it put a new piston wiseco new gaskets and all has a lot of compression it's good carb redone with new jets I remove the thors well 2 weeks ago I was riding on the rain and I got into a dich full of water and it shut off. Well I went home and I took the head off and clean everything rebuild the top end and all clean everything well it was starting but it dies sometimes and than when u put the choke it would rev high and back fire and I change the park plug and it started 3 times and no more spark please help

There is alot of possibilities what could be wrong.

Start off with some easy stuff first. Check compression, check your reeds, clean your carb, do a leak test.

The no spark issue....clean all the grounds, shine them up and make sure they are on bare metal. OHM out the stator and coil as per the factory specs found in the manual. Cut back about a 1/4 inch off the plug wire, and reinstall the boot.

link to manual
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Reactions: Alexgiraldo3319
Wouldn't hurt to pull flywheel, with correct puller only, and check for rust. Check flywheel key.
Then starting at stator, check that all connections are clean and tight, a dab of dielectric grease won't hurt.
Check switches. IIRC, key is normally closed, kill is normally open. Could bypass for testing.

OHM ign coil and plg cap seperatly. Make sure coil mount is clean, bare metal. Trim 1/4" off coil wire before installing cap, clean fresh wire for cap. Might try new plug too.

Hey guys so I checked the startor clean need and all that checked the yellow with red cable and it got power and check the spar plug wire no power and I check the cdi no power on the yellow and the metal box with 2 wires blue and ball the blue one has power

is it a adjustable timing stator plate?
check your carb setting/clean carb
or you got a airleak somewhere/leak test it.
ngk b8es plug?
what brand stator??

Let me know please guys does it matter if the head gasket after rebuild was used I put. It on or the gasket on where the reeds goes it doesn't have it matters I got another one that doesn't have it and runs amezing

You really should use a new head gasket!

Used gaskets can be re used if a process called annealing is performed to soften the copper.

The reason that it runs amazing could be from an air leak at the intake.

Always use a gasket at the reed block and check after assembly by leak testing.

A leaky reed/carb gasket has been responsible for Thousands of fried pistons.

im confused by your typingo_O
so you got a stock stator
annealed the copper head gasket by heating it up with a torch of some sort
re used the reed gasket? if it dont leak then i guess it is okay but you would need to leak test it to confirm thato_O

yeah I didn't heat the head gasket with a torch I may just go and buy a new had gasket tomorrow and the reed gasket new and see

So I was thinking and I used the 66 mm head gasket the old one after I bore the cylinder to 67mm do I have to buy the 67mm head gasket or all of them are the same size on top