My 04 Yamaha Blaster Pics

cpinto811

Aug 28, 2007
New Jersey
Here is all the pictures of my Yamaha Blaster 04 let me know how it looks and what esle should i put on it, also just added new tires

8aellau.jpg

6s6wpp0.jpg

7xjvur8.jpg

7yqerup.jpg

7yqgw2c.jpg

8e5vxpf.jpg

6xb5r7l.jpg

6yzgras.jpg

8dxq4xk.jpg

get wheel spacers or a widening kit for the front and wheel spacers for the back some bars nerfs and a full pipe reeds you should love it!!!!!!!!

if u do not have enough money for widening kits, flip you front rims around but u will need flush stems since the stock stems are too long and rub agianst the brake caliper, get some handle bars, block off the parking brake, and maybe get a nice clutch handle

Ok i have a problem where that arrow points....the tire rubs against that when i turn sharp or sometimes just real fast, does anyone know how i can fix this?

6ug3r5y.jpg

Make sure your rear bearings are good. Lift the back up and palce it on block or something and see if there is any play in the rear tires.

aright heres how u fix it!

you stand behind the atv then u look aprox 3 inches to the left of the brake disk.. look to the right of the sprocket aprox 3 inches theres screws on both sides on a rail looking thing that goes towards the front of the blaster. now loosen them all the way not completly out but almost.. now they should be pertruding out of the back of the rail looking thing.
next you look about 3 inches from the brake disc theres 2 more bolts.. they are on the axle carrier theres on up top and one below by the first screws u loosened now you loosen both. put the quad in park.
now put the rear end up on a sturdy crate or block.
then have a friend watch and make shur it doesnt fall or hurt you.. safety first..
ok so now uv got the bolts all loose take the quad out of park and push from the front to the rear while ur buddy holds the crate or block in place. now the block or crate should be below the front of the skidplate or the swing arm.. make shur the block is out of the way of where u will be working ont he axle carrier is what im trying to say... anyway now put it back in park have ur frind hold the front so it doesnt move when u pull or jimmy.. heres how and where u pull and jimmy.. the axle carrier has 2 bars top and bottom and the thing that actualy hold the axle is in the middle now it takes awhile to figure out wich way to jimmy it.. what your trying to do is pull the axle backward.. this is how you also tighten your chain... you might want to instal a new chain if the chain you have on doesnt have any slack.. thats easily done and isnt too costly.. ok so pull the rear axle towards you (standing in the back facing the rear end) or jimmy it using the 2 bars above and below the carrier. make sure ur frined is hlding the fron cuz it fell off the block when i did it cuz i pulled to hard. anyways just pull and pull and pull oil it and oil it the whole carrier thing should slide down the rail thing i told you about in step one^ now thay you pulled the axle back as far as you can you tighten the top nut on the top bar of the axle carrier. now you take a crowbar and put it in the middle of the axle carrier and bar under neath.. OR above the axle carrier either way theres 2 bars you can use for leverage either way (if you have to use the top one to jimmy the axle carrier back remove grab bar) ok so once you do that have ur friend come from the front while you hold the axle evenly in place and tighten all the loose bolts back there. then release ur grip on the axle carrier and inspect.. your tires should have went back at least 3 inches.. NOW i see that your problem is only on YOUR right side tire when sitting on the quad veiw. this is because ur chain is too tight buy a new one with more slack and repeat teh process it should go faster now that you know how to do it.. this is how you tighten your chain or pull your rear axle and carrier back... this operation can be used for 2 situations - A to tighten the chain if you have to much slack or B to pull the rear axle back to prevent it from rubbing on the stock heel guard. in this case it was to prevent the tire from rubbing. i hope this helped if done this for the same reason before and iv found its easiest to do without a chain so once you get the axle backwarts almost all the way replace the chain and then once its on pull the axle back the rest of the way until its tight.

i havent done this in quite awhile so im not sure if everything is exact.. im only 16 and iv found that its best just to asses the situation and think like a mechanic just study the rear axle until you see everything i described and if you dont get what im saying just keep reading this over and over until you spot what i am telling you to look for and the do the procedure.

i hope i was of some help i gave you all i know i think il find a picture of the rear axle and carrier and point out what im talking about

rearaxlecarrier.jpg

2003 Yamaha blaster
fmf fatty and core 2 silencer (painted black so suckers think its stock!)
oil injector block off
just started gimme a break!! aahahhaha:-D

blaster2.jpg

blaster.jpg

oh yeah dude uh il be back from school around prolly like 4 (f*ckin detention again!!!) so yeah il check back on this problem if im able to at 4 and if you have any questions or a w e just post them id be more than happy to lend a hand.. well virtual hand? yeah im an idiot so yeah just leave em'!!

just try not to understand mosta the stuff i say up there about jimmying i tried to go into detail and prolly confused u so 4 get that and when i said the bolt for the upper and lower carrier bars were by the brake disc i lied there actualy by the sprocket my bad

btw u should save up 1500$ and buy the CT Racing kit its got pipe racing carb bored cylander i cant even name all teh stuff it looks like its totaly worth it im still saving... gotta start hustling more dumb freshman! hey you kids want to buy a gram for 40$??? its reallllllyyyyy gooood! works everytime i should have that kit in no time ahaha nah jk its more like 20$ hey it may not be honest but god made bud, money and the rest of the earth green for a reason.. the earth is pretty cool and the other 2 are awsome!

well if it keeps rolling while ur working on it try chalking it with a block or a couple bricks.. >>>
4.jpg
use this concept use a wedge or sumthing to prevent the wheels from rolling in that case..

oh btw the purpose of putting the rear end up on a block is to lift the tires off the ground so when u jimmy or pull the axle it will move freely and the tires wont make it harder (friction on the ground)

the same exact thing happened to me, first of all, my chain was as tite as it shoud be, but the tires still touched when hard cornering, so i got out the saw zaw and just hacked away and my plastic heel gaurds were broken too so i cut them out too, havnt had a problem yet