Must replace the carb. Which to choose.

DLStryker

Oct 18, 2012
I have a new to me '06. The carb is ate up the worst I have ever seen. This bike has either set with ethanol gas in the carb for a LONG time or someone tried to run methanol and not clean out afterwards.

The bike has a Toomey pipe and silencer and open air box. Probably will not make any other performance mods. Should I try and find an OEM Blaster carb or is there a good aftermarket carb for this setup. I'd prefer not to pay aftermarket price if there is no performance gain based on the current mods on the bike.

What's you thoughts?

Do others think the OEM carb is just as good as say the Keihin 28mm PWK Carburetor for the set up I have?

Here is pics of the bike I picked up.
P1.jpg
View attachment 30820 View attachment 30820
P2.jpg

I would say stock carb. Cheap on ebay for OEM blaster carbs. Dont be cheap and get a made in china clone.

Dirtysquared pretty much explained it.
I doubt you will see a gain with the 28mm. I didn't.
The stock carb works well and jetting info abounds.

Don't buy a carb. off ebay. I purchase a 26mm for a blaster. It turn out to be a china carb, the jet mikuni won't fit this carb. Pwk 28 mm wont fit the snorkel to the air box . Even boiling water heat gun was used. We ride in a wet area so air box is need. Good look with PKW carb getting it to fit the air box snorkel.