Motorcycle shop etiquette

Racer X

Jan 10, 2009
Virginia
Got a ? for everyone just to see if im crazy or not lol. Bought my Blaster last summer and messed around with it for about a month and just couldnt get it to turn over. took it to the place that i got my kids china quad at and got them to fix it bcuz they would be cheaper $35/hr compared to 60/hr at a "real" motorcycle place. guy had the bike for 2 months before he was done. being a new place that had just opened i was giving him some time due to lack of full time staff but yea i was pissed it took 2 months and that all he replaced was the stator. but anyway i can get my quad finally. so i go get the thing and come home and ride it for 2 days before the exhaust (DG) popped off from the motor and the pipe. so learning from my mistakes i took the thing to the real shop this time the hometown Kawasaki dealership. brought it in and said that i wanted the exhaust fixed and the rear brakes replaced (they were shot). so the guy calls me the next day and says that i need this and that for the brakes and named off 4 parts to which i wrote them down and went to search on ebay for. purchased all 4 parts brought them in to the shop a week later (sat) called on Monday to see if all the parts where cool and the guy says theyre real busy and he wont be able to look until the middle of the week (thanksgiving week) but theyll be done with it at the end of the week. so sat comes again and the guy says that i got the wrong part (got a rear brake caliper mount bracket instead of a rear brake caliper mount) (so stupid punch to the head lol) so i order the right part and bring it in and the guy says thats it and again itll be ready by the weekend. so that weekend comes and he calls and says that the rear brake caliper that i bought new doesnt have brake pads. so i tell him that it came with pads and shoes thats why i bought it. he said there were no pads so i go and order the pads. get the pads and bring them in there and same thing itll be at the end of the week. well wouldnt you know it at the end of that week he called and said he had good news and bad news. the good news was that his helper was messing with the rear brake caliper and moved something on it and realized low and behold that it had brake pads so i didnt need those (that was good news?) and the bad news was that after looking at the quad again that these rear brakes arent going to work proper without a rear brake cable. so i get off the phone with the guy and call back and talk to the manager of the store and relay my story because im a newbie and i think its stupid that its taken over a month and a half and were still in the part ordering stage and im $65 bucks in the hole on parts that i dont need and i explain to him the story and he says hell go find out whats going on and hell get back in touch with me. That was a week and a half before Xmas. Still no call back. So ive been pushing it and pushing it and waiting and nothing. So now on the eve of ordering another part and bringing it in there i find myself paranoid to call and complain to the owner because im afraid they might mess the quad up and i just want to get it fixed and get it out of there and avoid all this drama. Had alot of friends that say just go get it and to heck with them. not sure whats the right thing to do here but i cant help thinking that in the end im the one uh getting the shaft? i dont know and sorry so long but its a messed up deal.

Reactions: lokisbuddy
that same thing happend to me when i took my truck to the shop. what a pain in the dick.

if you were closer i'd take care of it. they were busy my ass. the way i see it, if your quad was there first, yours is priority when the parts come in. tell em to go pound sand and your not paying for sh*t.

thats the funny thing. ive taken my car and truck to the local auto place (just moved back to hometown after being gone 16 years) and told them both times i dont know whats wrong with it and they call back in 2-3 days and theyve not only figured it out but theyve fixed it and there is no bs and the prices seem the same as it was in '92 as well lol. begged the guy to work on my quad but all they do is minor tune up stuff. sucks too bcuz that guy was the royal family in go cart racing for over 30 years lol

Congratulations bro, I think that was the longest paragraph ever written on this board.=)) and you know what? Just for the hell of it I am gonna give you a rep point for thatI:I

First your problem is that you took it to a suzuki shop. second you could have taken that bike apart 6 different times in this time. i would just say screw it go get your bike and spend your time figguring out how to do it. I only deal with one shop around me and I do cuz I am cool with everybody there.

geez man stop calling the butcher shop and playing their head games .. sounds liek a bunch of kids running the show ,just go over there immediatly and yank the bike ..working on a blaster is about as easy as it gets
we can help yo u along and it iwll save you loads of money not to mention it will be done way faster and none of this wrong part tail chasing to deal with
while harry and loyd are out back searching for your brake pads and playing slap and tickle wit h eachother