More speed(gearing)

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
So i will sacrafice some low end tourque for some top speed. i have plenty of low end right now but i cant get going that fast.

currently i have a 13-40 gearing. what can i do to go faster top end without totaly losing bottom. i like go really fast but if i dont have any 'get up and go' then id be pissed.

also, any engine infos in my sig.

thanks

You want more top end with out losing bottom end, get the cylinder ported and get a better pipe then the fmf. A little bigger carb would help too

this thing so old i dont want to put any more money into it. cheapest top end speed upgrade. not doing any engine mods. and why does everyone hate fmf. are they that bad?

bought the 14. its only 18 shipped with express shipping so i dont care. ill try it and if i dont like it i just wont use it. and its hard as sh*t to find a different size rear sproket. what the hells with that? some help finding a rear to go with a 14 for more top speed but not to much loss in acceleration.

warrior and banshee rear sprockets will work on a blaster, at least thats what the label says on renthal rear sprockets. I didn't find this out until after I ordered a $65.00 tag rear sprocket. I'm running a 14 - 38 on mine.

I'd put the 14 on the front and try it, going up one tooth on the front it like dropping the rear two teeth, so try what you've got for now and see how you like it, you can always order a different rear later

ok ill let you guys know. good to know about droping the 2 teeth from the rear is the same. it should be hear monday so ill put it on right away. got my parts for my rear brake coming sometime earily in the week also. excited because i scare myself sometimes cuz i have no breaks. the fronts BARELY work. ive already ran someone over because of it lol. but thats another story. (first time riding this beast)

i run 14/38.. you lose some low end, but you get some descent topend..

most people here i think run 14/40?? uhm.. either 14/40 or 14/39 would be good choice for you

yeah if 14/40 aint enough, i might go with 14/39. or i might just suck it up and deal with it not having a high top speed. it aint the end of the world, but right now, with these little tires, it has quite a low top speed, but alot of get up and go.