MONTGOMERY WARDS T555! OLD SCHOOL AND BITCHIN! Make that GROOVY!

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
Well... for the last week I've had the whole fam damily over for visiting including my three (3) grand babies!!!

So what I did,was get this old machine running for them to ride. I picked it up at lake tahoe two years ago. It was sitting under a pine tree on the shady side for a litle over 40 years! The jack shaft and driven unit was wissing,but it had its original briggs and stratton 5hp engine and comet "driver" unit attached to the crank. I sold the original engine,and the driver,and
up-graded the drive train to a harbor freight raptor 6.5hp engine and a comet industries TAVII Torque -A-Vertor assembly. This thing is a blast,and I can't believe how well it goes in the snow,and how well it climbs hills! It has a differential axle,so it can turn on a dime,which has me thinking...B)

Anyway,here is what it looks like... A 1970 model! the grand babies call it the... GREEN MACHINE!

I "turn down" the throttle when they're riding...like 4mph top speed. I used a yamaha blaster front disc rotor and a "Airheart" mechanical caliper for the braking system.

100_4160.jpg

100_4164.jpg

100_4163.jpg

100_4166.jpg

100_4161.jpg

great find and resto Joe !
but i could see me gettin hurt on that:)

i got one, its on the back burner, but we've modded it alot, its got a back cage and a snowmobile motor... never driven it yet, it needs a complete re-fab on the stuff we've done, but its cool. i'd post pics but im on my school computer, i'm pretty sure i;ve made a thread about it though!

Them raptor motors are pretty decent for the price.. I've used them on all sorts of things.. living up north a little, i have actually seen two with skis on the front and they were cruising through the snow..