Might be the proud owner of a Warrior

JD3020

Oct 30, 2008
Farmersville, Ohio
Well i decided all im going to sell off of my blasty on here, is the carb and brakes. I got offered 150 for everything else, so its going to be gone soon. But i might be buying a 97 warrior. All i know about it is it needs carb work, and a stator. It comes with a bunch of other stuff for 750. Just curious what you guys think about it. It looks to have a bunch of aftermarket stuff on it. Hopefully my dad will let me buy it, he sounded like he might, and hopefully it will be good.
And can anybody tell what all is aftermarket that you can see? It looks like bumper, handlebar, and nerf bars.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Yeah. Ill probably fix it up, get some good lights, clean it good, and if i like it keep it. If not sell it. I figure that with the extra stuff i can make some money from them. Anybody know of anything wrong with Warriors, or anything i should look for?

Ive read online that they are pretty heavy. But im used to riding the Foreman, so it shouldnt be that bad. Here is some more info on it.

its got an aftermarket rear spring and muffler i just put new rings and i honed it also compression is within spec it has aftermarket rims with razor2 on the rear i have the stock aluminum rims and tires but has a slow leak i have another set of razors with no rims and holeshots on rims so i have a lot of tires for it

Is there anything motor wise that i should watch for, like wore they known to break things?

Yeah. I plan on racing the Foreman. Ive raced our 700 EFI Ranger with our Foreman and won, but i dont know if dad had it pinned. If i get it ill line it up with the Ranger and Foreman.

JD this is awful! I just read online you dont want to buy a Warrior because they're known to be 4 strokes! LOL! jk man a few friends have them they're ok but they are from the dark side! you must avoid the dark side at all costs young padawan! Mrs 305 has a lovely avatar pic about 4 strokes you should check it out lol

Lol Ill still have a 2 stroke. I got the 99 Indy 500 XC SP, but since we dont have snow i havent rode it here this year. Thats why im going up north next month. Gonna inhale 2 stroke for 2 days.

I dont know if i like the sound of the warriors, but i can always change that. You cant beat the sound of a 2 stroke sled WOT though, nothing like it in the world.

Warriors are a good all around quad for the money.They are pretty reliable.Just remember it's not fast unless it's got mixed gas.lol

Well i talked to dad, and he says its probably been beat on and it might take 500 bucks to get it running. But he said if i want it, i can buy it. So we are going to go look at it hopefully this weekend, and bring it home. Then i get to start working on it and see if it does cost 500 bucks to get it running. Were there any weak spots on the frames to look for, or places that were weak and couldnt take abuse? I just want to know what to look for so i dont buy a complete POS.