main jet help

mik

Jan 28, 2014
I have a 2004 blaster motor on a 2002 fram I took the airbox lid off and now the motor is slow about droppin revs. I don't know if it is from the airbox or not it is also ported and bored 20 over with a weisceo piston and rings not sure about any other parts can any of these lead to the problems I'm having?

By taking off the lid you have effectively leaned out the air fuel mixture. put the lid back on or increase the main jet by two sizes.

If the problem is not then fixed then an air leak has reared its ugly head. Leak test before you start it again.

Do u know wher I can get a bigger jet I found the kits but ther not specific on the size

when i took my lid off i bumped up to a 240 main and my plug looks perfect in color

If you take off the lid it is recommended that you increase the main jet by two sizes.

Did you plug chop to arrive at the plug colour or just pull it out and read it.

Normally a Blaster engine that is jetted well will show black and oily if the plug is read after pulling it out after a ride.

should be able to get them at any decent 4 wheeler/sport shop, they are over $7 around me, but they have any jet i need when i need it.

Yes, Boyesen says yoy may need to drop up to 2 jet sizes. As long as you plug chop correctly you will be good.