LT 250r Carb Question

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
To anybody out there who has a Suzuki Quadracer LT 250r....I need a favor!

I am attempting to tune my 34mm Mikuni TM carburetor on my Blaster and am getting nowhere with swapping and adjusting needles. My carb came stock with a 5-series needle (5fp17), but all of these 5-series needles are simply too rich for the Blaster engine.

However, LT 250r's (at least those made 1987 and on) came stock with Mikuni TM 34mm flatslide carburetors. People have had luck swapping an older LT carburetor onto a Blaster engine and running it with no problems after doing some jetting adjustments. I have heard that Suzuki spec'd a leaner 6-series needle and corresponding needle jet, but am not sure

SO, my question is this: Does anybody know for sure what needle and needle jet came stock in a LT 250r Mikuni carburetor?

Rep to anybody who can help! If you can find a link to a downloadable manual for this quad, that will work too, as I don't mind looking it up myself! I:I

The earlier LT's used the VM34 carburetor didn't they? That's a round slide carb, not a flat slide carb. The needles may be the same/interchangeable but I'm not sure about that.

links have all failed, just look it up on bikebandit

Thanks for the help guys! As far as I have been able to figure out, the early LT 250's did come with VM round slide carbs. Suzuki switched to the TM series for the 1987 model year and onwards. The manual should give me what Im after. Im about to check it out...