lowering a blaster

Flashback

Jul 24, 2024
Hello, I just bought a blaster after 30 years of having one. I wanted to see what was new out there for lowering them. Seen a nice front shock mount that was hand made on this site. The back mounts I looked at look almost like a shackle hanger for a old hot rod. My 94 I had back in the day this is what I did. The back swing arm had it lengthen 2 inches and move the rear shock mount 2 inches. Took rear shock off and put front one on. The front took a enduros rear shocks off and put them on the front. It sat 3 inches off the ground. Had DG exhaust and jetted. I can't remember the rear off set rims but they were wide and aluminum. Flipped the front rims around. Had lawnmower tires on the back and regrooved them. Did the reeds too. Boy that thing would run. Never got first but came close. when I was done and went trail riding with it just swapped the shocks back. The 2 inches help out a lot on the trails I'm new here so I hope this would help out on someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend on wanting to lower there's. Just a 56 year old man having a flash back Lol.

Welcome .. I'm 72 & stuck in a Blaster flashback myself 😂 .. could be worse. Got a picture to share of that old Blaster? Here's an old thread with lowering opinions. I don't agree with most of'em but that's ok. Figuring out how to do it yourself is more fun than buying the solution IMHO. 🍻