Looking for a motivational speach......

jlsparky7

Mar 26, 2007
Southeastern, Mi
Some of you already know that I am an EMT and heres the problem.....

Being an EMT sucks.....

I went through paramedic school and have been unable to pass the national written exam for being a paramedic. I passed the class with a 95%. The company that provides the test is NREMT (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians). You get 3 trys and this will be my 3rd.

There are 5 sections.

Airway and Breathing
cardiology
Trauma
OB/Peds
EMS operations

You get either a pass or fail, no grade. You are either below passing, near passing, or above passing in each catagory. You must pass all categories. I have been below passing in every category both times. For my first EMT class I passed and was done with the test in 15 minutes. It felt like the easiest test I had ever taken. This paramedic test is completely different. Somehow some of the biggest idiots I know can pass this paramedic exam yet I cant. Its disappointing, I want to get on with my life but cant until I pass this test.

The first 2 times I took it I studied 6-8 hours a day for months before I scheduled the exam and still had no luck in passing.

Im not looking for sympathy or anything. Just ideas on what to do to pass the test other than study.

Thank you if you spent the time to read this.

First responder is a step below an EMT which is what im licensed at. I am already a certified firefighter. I did the fire academy before paramedic school. I probably should have included that. This test is harder than a nursing exam and has a higher failure rate than the doctors bar exam.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just dont know what else to do. I have 9 paramedic books, a Advanced cardiac life support book, a EKG interpretation book, 2 study guides, 7 Self Test CD's, A medication book, a 12-lead book, and a special operations book.

Ive read them all....... at least 10 times each.... Taken notes and highlighted important stuff.

Not to mention the websites like splash with there heart rhythm interpretation program.

well idk if this will help u but i personally cant study for hours and a month in advance i dnt know what it is but a lot of ppl r the same way i find it easier to study the night b4 and an hour b4 the test and make sure u get a good nights rest b4 the test and eat a good breakfast hell who knows might actually help u

im a volunteer firefighter and i have to take EMT this fall. i am NOT looking forward to it i know someone that had to retake the class. that had to suck!

well idk if this will help u but i personally cant study for hours and a month in advance i dnt know what it is but a lot of ppl r the same way i find it easier to study the night b4 and an hour b4 the test and make sure u get a good nights rest b4 the test and eat a good breakfast hell who knows might actually help u

One of the only parts I like about this test is you can schedule it pretty much any time they are open. So I can take it later on and study in the morning. Ill give it a shot.

im a volunteer firefighter and i have to take EMT this fall. i am NOT looking forward to it i know someone that had to retake the class. that had to suck!

Basic wasn't too bad but medic is a whole other world. Basic you can study and pass, medic that's not always the case. If you need help drop me a PM, I can teach you what I know.

haha appreciate it like i said i have till fall but im also gunna start studying for what i belive is called the A.D.V.A.P. test to get in the Coast Guard soon so im gunna be up to my ass in books

blasterkid u mean asvab i took it in school i made high not meaning to i have no wishes to go into the military its easy man

haha thats a big relief because im trying to score very high on it so i can go in as an officer recruit

haha appreciate it like i said i have till fall but im also gunna start studying for what i belive is called the A.D.V.A.P. test to get in the Coast Guard soon so im gunna be up to my ass in books

blasterkid114, go to military.com. they have a pratice asvab test on there, they have the full test and the short pratice version. Its rather easy, if you payed attion during high school at all. lmao. and to the guy that organly posted this ?. maybe your over working yourself. just go though this chill, it sounds hard but if you get your self all worked up chemicals are reliasted(sp) and you cant think strait, so go in, calm and cofident.