looking for a little help

aznewb

Dec 20, 2009
nh
I'm picking up a carb 34mm (thanks 2000blasternewb) and have no clue on what main or pilot jet I should run.

I have a stock bore motor, new f7 exhuast(coming next week), v force 3 reeds (coming this week), and open airbox with uni filter.

I will be sending my head and cylinder for porting sometime this spring.
Should I just wait to install carb or what?

I know you guys cant give exactly the jets I need but something that gets me close

i'm doing the same build, same mods except i have a cfm airbox, and this things givin me fits, it'll rev but only with the airscrew turned all the way in, thats saying lean on the pilot so i looked and its a 60, way big, i think the 80 is the only bigger one,try'd a 48 at yb's suggestion, same thing, i'm thinkin our stosk port isnt flowing enuf air and velocity to pull enuf fuel to tune properly, gonna wait for portin to try again

Last edited:
ok well when that carb was on my motor all i had was stock motor with a full exhaust. the pilot jet was a 48 and the main jet well i cant think of it off the top of my head. i will let you guys know. Tryin to say that it ran real good though. I coulda probably came down a bit off the pilot jet though.

I will try it with a smaller pilot then, maybe a 48. If it gives me problems I will just wait till I get it ported.

Awk let me know how you make out when yours is done. Thanks for the help guys

Arnaldo

as i was putting your carb together i looked at the jets that were in it. there was a 45 pilot and a 140 ish main. man my memory sucks. I am thinking that, that was set up for a bigger setup as well. the guy told me there was a 240 kit on it.

i need to check mine to see what the pilot is but its got a 140 main in it. haven't fired it yet but its just a stock motor with an FMF pipe and a yz85 silencer. still got the stock reed cage with boyesen's in it....gonna give it a shot and see if it works before paying to get stuff to convert my old carb

I have a 34mm pj on my bike.Like your buddy said it probably was feeding a 240 kit engine.I have the 240 on my bike now and have to try a 55 pilot and currently have a 160 main.I have to change my pilot and see whats next for the main.