License plate locations

Iconic

Apr 25, 2009
Poconos, PA
I was just wondering, for any of you guys that have a license plate on your Blaster, where do you have them located? The dealer had my zip tied to the side of my grab bar, but it looked sloppy imo, so I took it off. I thought about mounting it underneath the seat somewhere, maybe drill a hole or two in the bottom of the air box and mount it there, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about that idea. Any one have pics or suggestions?

back in the late '90's when PA started the registration sh*t, i had just bought a brand new '96, so the state knew i had it from the new title, they kept sendin me letters to register, i threw them in the garbage, but one day a liscence plate showed up, so i mounted it to my skid plate, so they could see it as i jumped over them, haha!!!
if you plan on runnin on dcnr trails, legally, then mount it for that day, if not mount it to your toolbox at home, if you put it on your bike, and do even the slightest of illegal ridin, that just leaves a bloodtrail straight to your house!!!!

Here's my ghetto setup.As far as places to mount the plate,I have the same problem.

Attachments

• PHOT0118.JPG
    PHOT0118.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 149
wandn and iconic, where do you guys ride that you think you need these???, its like robbin a bank without a mask on!!!! leads the po po straight to your house

my neighbor has a brand new kawi brute force 750fi and he keeps his plate under his seat not mounted anywhere.i mean its bad enough the thing is huge and bright f*ckin green.

i dunno, i just found that funny. imagine what a cop or DEC officer would think of that. thats like just admitting your up to sh*t. "hi, i have a legal ride but i dont want you to see my plates"

wandn and iconic, where do you guys ride that you think you need these???, its like robbin a bank without a mask on!!!! leads the po po straight to your house

I guess you're right, I suppose I don't technically need one mounted. I really only ride at my house, I currently don't ride the DCNR trails, but might like to in the future, which I suppose I could just rig it up for the day. I was just wondering because I went riding the other day at a new place, and I was by myself and had never been there before, so I was not sure what was legal and what wasn't. I was just following the trails. But I guess it was better that I didn't have it on in case someone saw me.

i dunno, i just found that funny. imagine what a cop or DEC officer would think of that. thats like just admitting your up to sh*t. "hi, i have a legal ride but i dont want you to see my plates"

true, but its illegal to ride them on the street, which we do to get across town. When we see cops, we run them. SO lets see......"He stops, gets a fine"......"He runs, the cop gets the numbers, run them, he gets a fine".....He covers up the numbers, runs them, dont get anything lol."

you need them here to ride in the state parks plus keeps the environmentals off your ass when they see you are paying for their job.I just ty wrap mine on the backside of the aftermarket bumper.You can still read it just not as clearly plus it gets caked with mud shortly after.They have not given me a problem.But by their law it is supposed to be mounted in clear view.I was thinking about a rear racing number plate and then just riveting the plate to the plastic number plate.Would probably look the best.

you need them here to ride in the state parks plus keeps the environmentals off your ass when they see you are paying for their job.I just ty wrap mine on the backside of the aftermarket bumper.You can still read it just not as clearly plus it gets caked with mud shortly after.They have not given me a problem.But by their law it is supposed to be mounted in clear view.I was thinking about a rear racing number plate and then just riveting the plate to the plastic number plate.Would probably look the best.

I got a warning for not having mine registered when i was on a bog, not stateland when I crashed, ain't that b.s.?

wow theres a cumberland in pa that kinda surprised me cause i thought that link was to cumberland va whcih i live there

Here in Oregon your REQUIRED to have a valid/current offroad permit to ride on public land, if it's not in plain view you WILL! get stopped by the sheriff!, if you don't have one you WILL! get a ticket!

I took a crome flat bar I had off a Harley motorcycle and bent the end over drilled them and used my grab bar mounting location to bolt it onto the bike.. then drilled put on a tailight and zip tied my plate to it.. it does not look too bad at all.
If you want pics I could show you ... any thin piece of flat stock would pretty much work to make it.

Here in Ontario Canada.. YOU NEED insurance, plate and a FULL Drivers permit we have a graduated system here and you have to have your full permit to ride a ATV anywheres but your own land.
If the Cops to do not see the plate.

LIGHTS ON... and you better run.. they usually stop ya and take your bike.. if its not in your name its gone right then and there.

Sucks... but I am fully legal right now!!! So no worries for me just all my buddys. :p