lets see some top end pics

Those spark plug holes are all over the place. Some come out perfect, others do not. I cut as little as possible off the head and concentrate on the chamber. If I were to keep cutting to square off the bottom fin, I'm forced to go deeper into the chamber. That would reduce the thickness of the head in the chamber and affect cooling.

confirmed it is the spark plug hole.
i put the plug in it and put it on a drill and spun it.its out of wack damn thing.
that shouldnt cause problems could it?

i cant seem to find any pics of my topend.. mabey freek can hook it up since i bought it from him. here is my modded head and lightened flywheel though.

100_1816.jpg

How much weight did he take off your flywheel?

Yeah, it makes sense to only take off what's needed at the expense of it being pretty.

You figure yamaha factory heads would be better quality controlled than that... I guess anything can be made out of round even in a factory...

I used to have some of mine on my old laptop before it was stolen. Nowadays, I don't have much of anything and haven't rebuilt it since then. I don't feel like ripping the top end apart for pics as I already have it sealed up, so I'll just take what I can.
101_7027.jpg

101_7031.jpg

101_7037.jpg

101_7035.jpg

101_7039.jpg

god, i now know why you cant beat a 400ex... that exhaust is terrible

anddd... is that your head in the last pic... omg

great pics guys. i cant beat a 400ex. no matter how many times we race. i cant beat a stock one. i think i just need a bigger carb though

great pics guys. i cant beat a 400ex. no matter how many times we race. i cant beat a stock one. i think i just need a bigger carb though

Yea I still won't beat it in top speed, but that's just a matter of gearing....I could be making 100hp and it still won't beat a 400 in top speed. Through the gears, I was even with a kids's TRX400 and he weighs less than me. Since I advanced the timing, I know I have him beat through the gears no problem now. I contemplated putting in a 15tooth and fabbing it in to place, but decided there is really no point as I'm not trying to set any land speed records. :D