lectron carbs

xmous3yx

Dec 19, 2008
somerset county, nj
anyone heard of em? apparently they are the best according to this lemme know ur opinions. they sound like there great and everything. very convincing. if i dont get a mikuni 32flat slide then ill order a 32-34lectron lol

Last edited:
I have on new in the box have not tried yet, I've gotting mixed feedback from people,
Hill climbers and drag races seem to like them, and MX people who tried didn't care for them. Just feedback from others. I have not tried to form my own yet. I heard the needle tends to stick from running gas and oil

Be prepared to throw everything you know about tuning out the window. The Lectron uses only a needle and powerjet for the whole RPM range. After you get the tuning concept down they are great to work with. Made in the US with great craftsmanship. I remember when they first came out how well they worked on the old Kawasaki H2 750 2 stroke tripples at the drag strip. The lectron carb was an overnight success thanks to a drag racer named Paul Gast. I would contact Fast By Gast 1-800-866-3880 They may make you the best deal.

Reactions: xmous3yx
They were the first "good" carbs made back in the day, they set the bar for all designed today, and their still probobly the best carb out their..... But they are spendy!!

yeah but if i go and get a keihin or a mikuni its still gonna cost me like wat $120-150 so y not go for the extra mile and something that really out performs for 25% more. thats the way i look at things. it doesnt have overlapping circuits like a conventional carb. and its gotta power jet for easy adjustment on performance and jetting. and y take the risk of blowing ur motor up when go riding to another place that u havent been to and u didnt rejet for altitude. might be more now but itll save me money in the long run.

My brother has one on his 250r and a friend also had one on his 250r. They're nice carbs and easy to tune. The ones I've seen have a semi clear bowl so you can see the fuel level

hmmmmm...sounds like a nice addition......im soon to be running race fuel......oh boy!!!....would my ride benefit more from from one of these carbs????

they look pretty good from what i was readin on the site, and sounded like they jet it for your particular application to get ya close, then it sounds like just changing needles to fine tune???

they look pretty good from what i was readin on the site, and sounded like they jet it for your particular application to get ya close, then it sounds like just changing needles to fine tune???
the whole thing is changing a needle.. there are NO jets..

mine have a somewhat clear bowl as well.. i have the 36-38 taperbores.. lectrons are the carb of choice for most guys running alky.. but they work well with gas too..

take Mr. Lutx's advise the gains you'll see are not worth the expense (needles) of the carb, they were big in the road racing world but you were dealing with a powerband of 2,000 rpm's most people want them because they look cool, and that is a stupid reason

i have to disagree with you gonzo.... if your runnign an alky setup.. lectrons are the way to go..