leakdown test results

your on to somethin there.... most on here extream the leak test theory..like the guys that say they pumped the motor to 5-6 psi and left it 24 hours and it didnt leak a drop next guy says 48 hours and no diff, its a pissin contest... not gonna get into it cuz youll get tore up but you are somewhat right

I agree with this above ^^^

Kind of like the "My dong is bigger than your dong argument"

The positive and negative pressure pulse changes happen inside a two cycle crankcase in 1000ths of a second at running speed.
So...I think that the odds of sucking in a huge volume of air at this rate of engine speed is ridiculous.

This is why I ALWAYS jet on the RICH SIDE. It can save your ass not to mention your engine.

This is also why I run 20 to 1, or 24 to 1 oil ratio. It SEALS EVERYTHING BETTER...especially your ring seal! Better ring seal = more cylinder pressure = MORE POWER! It really is that simple.

I'm by no means saying that if your leak down test fails,that you should band aid it by mixing more oil in the fuel.

I've never understood why people jet as close to the lean side as possible,then cry like a pussy when they blow there engine,because they changed 400ft in altitude going to the top of a dune.

I know I'm probably getting off subject a bit,but I think you all know what I mean.

Well after all this talk about my leak and everything, I believe I have found it, my boot adapter seal just couldn't hold under the pressure, it didn't bubble at first but when I walked away n came back it was bubbling like crazy. So now that I broke my clutch hub trying to get it off, I have to wait for a new one n the right tool for the job then I should be able to get it back together n ride. Wish me luck.

yeah that leak is gonna be a problem.if you seal and bolt the clutch cover on that will make any inside case leak release pressure through the overflow nipple on the top of the cases. just use your finger and spread some soapy water accross the top of that hole and it will bubble if that is where your leak is at
I'm having problems with mine I no it has an air leak somewhere (uncontrollably idle, and pushing air through the crank case over flow.. I don't have a leak down tester ATM I'm guessing crank seals?

yeah that leak is gonna be a problem.if you seal and bolt the clutch cover on that will make any inside case leak release pressure through the overflow nipple on the top of the cases. just use your finger and spread some soapy water accross the top of that hole and it will bubble if that is where your leak is at
I'm having problems with mine I no it has an air leak somewhere (uncontrollably idle, and pushing air through the crank case over flow.. I don't have a leak down tester ATM I'm guessing crank seals?

You have to use compressed air to find the problem to be sure.
It could be the case or gasket between the engine and gearbox has failed.
This happens when a skirt breaks.

AWK08 sells a great leak tester at very reasonable cost.
Factor in your gas running around to gather up the parts and I doubt you could build one cheaper.
Here is mine, with some extra plates for working on other bikes:
580135_10151159484280803_214695092_n.jpg

What you have to do is pressurize your crankcase to no more than 7psi (or you will blow your seals out) and then listen for leaks. A handpump works better than a compressor, cuz it's real easy to blow those seals out.

Even if you can plug the exhaust (rubber expandable frost plug?) and the intake (see the grey plumbing adapter or the reedbox plate), and fit a Schrader valve (valve stem) in there somewhere, you could hand pump it and hear the leak. You might have to take the clutch cover off to hear if it is seal or case/gasket. Using a rubber tube up to your ear is a great way to pinpoint small air leaks.

Good luck.

You have to use compressed air to find the problem to be sure.
It could be the case or gasket between the engine and gearbox has failed.
This happens when a skirt breaks.

AWK08 sells a great leak tester at very reasonable cost.
Factor in your gas running around to gather up the parts and I doubt you could build one cheaper.
Here is mine, with some extra plates for working on other bikes:
580135_10151159484280803_214695092_n.jpg

What you have to do is pressurize your crankcase to no more than 7psi (or you will blow your seals out) and then listen for leaks. A handpump works better than a compressor, cuz it's real easy to blow those seals out.

Even if you can plug the exhaust (rubber expandable frost plug?) and the intake (see the grey plumbing adapter or the reedbox plate), and fit a Schrader valve (valve stem) in there somewhere, you could hand pump it and hear the leak. You might have to take the clutch cover off to hear if it is seal or case/gasket. Using a rubber tube up to your ear is a great way to pinpoint small air leaks.

Good luck.
Thank you looks like I'm going to home depo

Here is a photo of mine. cheap and easy to make. Make sure you test the leak tester for leaks after you make it.
DSCN4123_zpse9awjgxk.jpg

DSCN4116_zpseozbzrxc.jpg