Leakdown Complete: important question.

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
SO i did my leakdown test everything was air tight... i went riding yesterday with a couple of my buddies the bike ran great everything seems to be better with the clean carb an the exhaust fixed. however i was wheeling on the blaster and when i popped it up i heard i noise i looked down an i spun front sprocket or somthing 1 tooth is completly broke about the first 1/8 inch is cracked off the tip (guessing the length) about maybe 3 teeth the ends of the teeth are wore down like they dont have that slight hook on the end of them as much. i was about 5 miles from my house give or take a mile i let the bike cool down an set there while me an my buddy rode his 400 ex. i had no way to get it home i have no licence or vehicle to pick it up an we were way back in the woods. so i started the blaster up an took off very slow. it wasnt maken any noises or nothing so i had no choice really but to drive it home. could that have done an seriouse damage... if so what should i look for. On the ride home it ran smooth besides it seem to have a slight bit( very slight) less pick up when i took off. there was no noises from the chain an gear changing was smooth as well i took it easy on the ride home besides running down the one public road we had to go down. please let me know anything i should be looking for.. (sucks the first time i got to ride it since i been waiting on the leakdown test it breaks.)

SO i did my leakdown test everything was air tight... i went riding yesterday with a couple of my buddies the bike ran great everything seems to be better with the clean carb an the exhaust fixed. however i was wheeling on the blaster and when i popped it up i heard i noise i looked down an i spun front sprocket or somthing 1 tooth is completly broke about the first 1/8 inch is cracked off the tip (guessing the length) about maybe 3 teeth the ends of the teeth are wore down like they dont have that slight hook on the end of them as much. i was about 5 miles from my house give or take a mile i let the bike cool down an set there while me an my buddy rode his 400 ex. i had no way to get it home i have no licence or vehicle to pick it up an we were way back in the woods. so i started the blaster up an took off very slow. it wasnt maken any noises or nothing so i had no choice really but to drive it home. could that have done an seriouse damage... if so what should i look for. On the ride home it ran smooth besides it seem to have a slight bit( very slight) less pick up when i took off. there was no noises from the chain an gear changing was smooth as well i took it easy on the ride home besides running down the one public road we had to go down. please let me know anything i should be looking for.. (sucks the first time i got to ride it since i been waiting on the leakdown test it breaks.)
when you replace your chain n sprockets, make sure the chain didnt hop and put a hole in the case! ^^^notice i said "Replace CHAIN N SPROCKETS" if you try to get away with just replacing the front sprocket youre gonna end up in the same boat later. and judging by the sound, 'slight hook' its time for a new set anyways!

Alright i will check that an i got the new chain already petes had it in stock an i orderd the new front sprocket... is it hard to replace... an do you think i should get a new rear sprocket as well? an is that hard to replace?

nah, theyre easy to do. bout 20 mins. and yes, i would change the rear as well. chains and sprockets should Always be changed together.

Yes, yes, yes, always. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am about to colour your world, I hope you like green!I:II:II:I

the parts should be in 3 days max petes cycle said 4 for the rear sproket i ordered it a day after an the new chain i had to order off line because at petes they said the chain is the incorrect link count they have