kxt250 in a blaster

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
this is my friends blaster, its complete and was running tell we think the flywheel key sheerd... but here are picture of the set up and il ltry to explain best i can even though i didnt do the swap..

motor is from a 84 kawisaki tecate 3 kxt 250.. simmaler to the kx 250 dirt bike which would be the same mounting for the dirt bike motor

mine016.jpg

stock left front fender has to be cut a little to fit the pipe threw,

mine017.jpg

mine018.jpg

here you can see the rear mount, its a independant mount instead of going threw the swinger.

mine019.jpg

here is the top motor mount, sold bar weled to a mount made to fit the motor, on this set up the motor mounts for the tecate were cut off the frame since the frame was broke, the bar runs to the frame right below the tank at the front of the frame

mine020.jpg

here is thr front mount, looks like the kawi mount was just extended and welded to the blaster frame

mine021.jpg

another shot of the rear mount

mine022.jpg

and here you ca see where the pipe was cut and lengthened to fit the blaster chassie

mine023.jpg

swap seems fairly simple and not to time consuming. this is using the stock tecate 3 pipe, im sure a big bore/ high volume pipe would work better, or maybe a kx250 pipe modded to fit.

very torquey motor, but bering a dirt bike based motor it does vibrate bad, but for mid 30s hp stock who cares!!!

fairly nice swap, and some tweakin will help even more, i too may have try'd to adapt into a good a/m right side blaster pipe, to keep it in the frame, and read along time ago that the kawi's were the easiest to do this with, something about the gear lines up better so they dont have to sit offset ????
keep us posted fed

Oh yah, I like hybrids! Like it when a fellow ain't afraid to use the hot wrench. Hope it's just the key. Those old Kawasaki's had flywheel issues and used ones where hard to find. Keep us posted. Speakin of flywheels, I'm workin on an idea to take some shake outta these motorcycle motors. Got the idea from this site.
Balance Masters

with that radiator y dont u lean it the other way on top of where the wires are put some head stuff in bettween the wireing and the rad then put a project blaster hood with the vents over it........that would cover up that rad and look 1,000 times better

Very nice. I've always liked Kawi motors too. Bet it hauls ass. And I do have to agree with yb. With that pipe, you can probably expect a new scar on your left leg. Clean swap though. Looks like a fun project. Good luck with the tweaking man. Post more pics for us.

you're too young to know that beer is the secret ingredient when you're formulating swaps/building stuff lol

i have slowly been doing some thinking.... i think i could fit it in the frame in front of the steering stem? or maybe even inside the front bumper.. i think a race hood with dirt bike rads mounted right behind the a arms/above behind with some scoops on the sides and screens over them would look better..

ether way this bike is about function right now.. shes no looker but she will leave others lookin at the tail light

i kinda like the idea of putting it in the bumper, the odds of hitting something hard enough to put that bumper into it is slim to none. there's just not a lot of room to run the dirt bike ones on the sides with that pipe.