kickstart spring tricks

trailripper1500

Feb 16, 2008
Hope Valley RI
i'm trying to put the spring end in the provided slot in the engine and it doesn't want ot stay. i don't know if my spring was cut or something because it was stuck in the gear below it so if you guys have any tips on how to get that biotch back in i would greatly appreciate it. i think tht's why it would not move when i went to ride it and was a biotch to start.

Make sure your spring is in the grove cut out of the white plastic piece on the starter gear assembly. You should be able to put the spring in the hole on the case by hand. If it is not in slot on the whit plastic bushing it will not seat completly and will NOT stay put. Hope this helps

I have had problems even when it was in the plastic slot, and had to bend the end of the spring back a little, so it would grip instead of slipping out. Worked good.

Another important note. When installing the spring, you should have to pull it making tension before it slips in. If you dont have tension when it slips in the hole, the kick starter will not return, you need to pull it around the other way to get tension. (pull it clockwise to get tension)