kick starter wont return

R&S Polishing

Jul 5, 2008
Oregon
the kick starter om my kids blaster wont return. but when i shut it off it will return all by it's self. took it apart looked at it everything looked like it was supposed to by the book. worked great for 2 or 3 starts than it's just laying their on the foot peg till you turn it off and it returns on it's own.??? any one know how to solve it????????????:-/:-/

hmm never heard of this happing my self....but id say replace the kicker spring.

So you took the clutch cover off and the spring that brings it up is in the hole? I think the ball and spring are for holding the arm out and in when not in use. The spring is under the clutchcover that is supposed to return the kicker up off the foot peg.

the spring is'nt broken and in place with good tention on it it really confuses me. it was fine and all of a suddent it happens. when you kill the motor it returns all by it's self.

is the plastic bushing good thats in the return spring? sounds like something is binding up not allowing it to return. call ken. or go to your local dealer these parts are pretty cheap to rebuild as long as you dont need the kicker shaft that can be pretty pricey

is there any burs or wear marks in the plastic bushing that goes over the shaft and inside the spring ? is there any burs where the gear rides up and down that shaft to engage the kicker ?

If your kick starter won't return check the white sleeve that is under the spring. Mine wouldn't return and this was the problem. Hope this video helps.

Last edited by a moderator: