Kennedypowersports & hunt's team racing

HOBBYHORSE

Mar 18, 2008
STAR NC
As alot of you know by now, we here at Hunt's Team Racing and Angus @ Kennedy Powersports, have ventured out to build the fastest stock frame based, 300' sand & dirt drag blaster in the nation. Angus has produced 3 differant setups for the team thus far. The first, 244, stock topend, with some Kennedy port & mill work brought one of our basters to 5.50's in 300'.
The second, same 244, same topend, new tricks, & a forged piston, now that Blaster runs low 5's, with the stock topend. So, we then decided to go fast.
With a CT Sonic topend to build off of, Angus went to work building this beast, @ nearly 60hp "TO THE TIRES".....on alky, this blaster is unbelievable to say the leased. At one track it runs 5.0's every pass. At the sand tracks it runs 5.2&5.3, while running through the clutch "which is still stockish". Now, keep in mind, we are running these time with a pipe designed for a Banshee, so it's killing our power. We will be sporting a pipe more suiteable at the next race, a Vito's Fat Bastard. I see consistant 4's in Hunt's Team Racing's future. Over the Holidays we're sending the engine back to Angus to pump some more power out of this little motor, so maybe next season we will see some mid-4's, out of a Blaster!!

We are looking forward to the match up. I will be going on the road much this year to NC and PA. I am having Brad Tyson build me a custom chrome molly stretched out drag frame. We will push this engine set up to 68 to 72hp

Sounds like it'll be a good match between the two as long as both machines are properly set-up.

hmm, gotta tease us then. i see how it is. you have def piqued my interest.

very good chance!! we should have "HITMAN" the 421cub & "BIGABOIY" the MrRPM 1344cc Can-Am Outlander out there maybe a few more!!

Great, if you make it you will recognise my banshee there and it would be nice to meet you and your crew there. Supposed to be a race there but if not me as well as some guys from bansheehq and maybe a few from here should be there.I:I