kawasaki kxf250r tecate 4

tcoop474

Apr 15, 2009
alabama
these r some nice looking quads they dnt handle as good as the trx250r but came stock faster i wouldnt mind traiding my blaster when i get it running for one of those not running but ive heard they r extremely rare worse than the trx which i can nvr find one of those either just wonted to see if any of yall have ever rode one or raced one for that matter and are they really as rare as ive heard ive looked in craigslist in georgia mississippi tennessee and florida and i cnt find one for anything

o ive just heard ppl on e3s say they were faster stock ive nvr riddin i have rode a trx and i thought if its really faster that thing is gonna b sick the trx was fastest thing iver rode blows yfz out of the water i still wouldnt mind haveing either the t4 or the trx

The kawasakis are rare. About every 3-6 months one pops up on craigslist around here.

The best thing to do is save up about 2500 dollars. Check craigslist everyday and you can buy a trx250r in good shape(heavy modded ones are around 3000-5000). The ones that need work are anywhere from 500 to 1500 on c-list.

You gotta call on it fast because there are a alot of people out there that grew up riding r's and are in there late 30's and 40's and have money to spend whatever on them and snatch them up quick.

t-4s are rare but now in MN there are 3 up for sale in the 2000 - 5000 grand range i would prefer to have a t-4 just becaus who was the last person on your block to own one?

if your still ooking on craigslist for t4 there is a pair 1 good that needsa lil tlc with a parts rig that could eay get goina for 1500 ant there is a lt 500 qoudzilla for 1500 and a that guy also has a lt 250r

trx250r handles better, kawi had more nuts, trx250r part are everywhere and there is still a huge aftermarket for them, kawi not so much,

i was gonna trade my old blaster for a mild ported high compression tecate 3, guy was callin me twice a week, said he has to get a clutch lever for it and cwould call me, never did..

speakin of old war horses.. pics coming of my new 250r

The Tecate is faster due in part to the Nikasil plated cylinder. My buddy has one it sucks to find parts for, it handles like crap and it always blows up at the dunes for some reason. :) It was pretty fast in a straight line with the nikasil, he got a standard sleeve pressed into it and doesn't mess with the nikasil no more.

Reactions: Duck