Jetting

Offroadatv6

May 12, 2014
Hello
I'm new on here just had a few questions...i just bought my first blaster/2stroke it was blown up when I bought it and also had holes in the case so I got another used bottom end and got a top end kit ... It has a 40 over piston and has a slip on fmf my actual question is what jet size should I run it starts and runs fine but in the upper end of 4-6 gear it seems to fall on it's face this is my first blaster/2stroke so I'm just learning lol thanks for any help

Is it a .40 over piston or a 240 big bore kit. Any mods to intake, lid on or off, what filter. Fmf slip on? I'm assuming just the silencer?

did you.....
leakdown test it after reassembly
proper heat cycles and retorque head/base nuts
leakdown test again.
clean the carb
check set float height
what main jet is in there now ?

if it's leak free, carb cleaned, float height correct and everything else is stock besides the slip on, the stock 230 should be fine.

detailed info on all above terms can be searched for and/or found in the carb and diy sections

It is just bored out 40 over everything else is stock the bottom end was just completely rebuilt by a local shop because the replacement one I bought the trans was locked couldn't get it passed 3 gear it has the stock jet in it not sure of the pilot size but I would assume that it is also stock since I never messed with them also before I put it back together I cleaned the carb I am running the k and n with the air lid off

did you.....
leakdown test it after reassembly
proper heat cycles and retorque head/base nuts
leakdown test again.
clean the carb
check set float height
You should make sure all this was done properly as well unless you wanna do a new top end in the near future. I believe it is usually also recommended to run a higher jet (260 as awk suggested) and run 2 tanks of gas at no more than 3/4 throttle for a break-in period before you go wot to plug chop

All of the above plus,

A little bit more to add.

Needle in middle clip.

Adjust the idle after the warm up period per specs before you ride again to make sure the AFR is safe up to 3/4 throttle.