jetting(not the usually)

sal

Sep 17, 2010
va
i need to work on my jetting. Does it need to have a load on the motor to be accurate? Can i pop the chain off and do it in my garage? Im asking because I don't have anywhere close to do a proper check. thanks

i have never heard of doing it that way dont think it would work very well because then everybody would probley do it lol it dont take much to get there little things pined im sure if ya look hard enough you can find somewhere

to accurately jet the motor u got to ride it around and get a feel for what it is doing, bogging etc, do a plug chop, best way to see where u need to go with the jetting, i just did it with my new motor, i also reccomend running half prem/race gas mix, but plan on running jets higher than usual.

sucks at least a 45minute drive just to tune it. wish i could tune it in the garage, might have to just hold the front brakes.lol

sucks at least a 45minute drive just to tune it. wish i could tune it in the garage, might have to just hold the front brakes.lol

Sorry, Sal, that just won't work. This is why they make dynos. A dyno puts a load on the REAR wheels, simulating a trip down the road. Burning up a set of tires just isn't the same...

x2. gotta get it out to ride it, i've gotta drive about an hour and a half just to access my blaster though so i feel your pain