iv got bad news

my bike ran (not very good, but did) with a busted exhuast side piston skirt < the main cause of busted cases.
a peek into the exhuast port will let ya know if thats what caused this

when it died on the track i put it in neutral and then started it and it ran good and seemed to have good compression but there was no clutch

well i took the side cover off and the clutch plate look worn but not horible and i took the basket off and looked at it and after i did that i pulled the clutch lever to see if anything would move but nothing did and qr10 was right it almost blew up i took the reeds out looked at the piston from that side no damage took the plug out looked down in it and you can see where the piston got hot and looked in the exaust port and no damage

score 1 for q10!
i am deeply sorry to hear that..... haha

i would still do a compression and leak test. after u find that crack and repair it. the if the clutch isent moving, check to see if the tiny ball is in ther, and the clutch arm.. etc.... there might npt be any visial damage, but u wont know fo sho until u do compression test. the reason y it bogged down is because the piston over heated and mated with the cylinder, and maybe scrathced the hell out of the cylinder walls. compression test will know for sure.

well it has alot ao compresson about as mutch as it had when we took it to the race and i think we are just gonna buy new cases and what clutch plates do yall recomend

score 1 for q10!
i am deeply sorry to hear that..... haha

i would still do a compression and leak test. after u find that crack and repair it. the if the clutch isent moving, check to see if the tiny ball is in ther, and the clutch arm.. etc.... there might npt be any visial damage, but u wont know fo sho until u do compression test. the reason y it bogged down is because the piston over heated and mated with the cylinder, and maybe scrathced the hell out of the cylinder walls. compression test will know for sure.

and i hope the cylinder isint scratched too bad because there isent too many bores left in synce its bored 40 over

houstin we have found the problem
testscan791.jpg
testscan788.jpg

i'd get a new actuator, and possibly both internal rods and ball bearing
you're already in there, might as well fix everything 100%

i prefer the "driveline performance clutches"
the HD, or the one i run the 240 HD
both come with an extra full size fiber plate to replace the 1/2 plate/wave washer, and new HD springs

HD.....
YAMAHA BLASTER 1988-2006 HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH KIT!!! | eBay

240 HD.....
YAMAHA BLASTER BIG BORE/STROKER HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH KIT!!! | eBay

best clutch out there IMO, and worth the extra $$

but i do run a tusk kit in the black blaster with good results too

Last edited by a moderator:
yea dont weld it. a new one is like 5$ the bead of weld will just chip off. theres a LOT of pressure on there. u just dont feel it, because its called mechinal advantage. and theres a lot of friction too.