Is this worth $2900 to you???

b_russell_82

May 7, 2008
Kentucky
2006 YFZ 450, all stock, 15 hrs, onlything done to it is a jet kit. I'm going to buy it but you all think i'm getting good deal?
2yox0rs.jpg

If it indeed has 15 hours the first owner paid 200 an hour ride it. Heck great deal. Jump on it fast before someone else does. Make sure it has paperwork and any loans are payed off. Good luck. Nice find.

same one I got. Let me know if you have any probs with the carb settings. The 06 is the first one that the EPA enforced the new environmental standards. The carb does not have an adjustable air/fuel screw or needle. Both have to be replaced with aftermarket parts or parts from the yamaha catalogue for the 2004-2005 models. Lots of little dumb stuff that is easily fixed.

same one I got. Let me know if you have any probs with the carb settings. The 06 is the first one that the EPA enforced the new environmental standards. The carb does not have an adjustable air/fuel screw or needle. Both have to be replaced with aftermarket parts or parts from the yamaha catalogue for the 2004-2005 models. Lots of little dumb stuff that is easily fixed.

I'll let you know.. He said it had a jet kit that was installed by the dealer so it may already have that installed.

I heard something about that just don't know what it is though

basicly the oil sits underneath the piston and instead of being sprayed onto the piston it collects underneath and when your riding it supposed to splash up but its led to several engine failures:-D it might be something other than the piston im not sure but its along those lines im sure someone will correct me

what a deal though i love yfz450's awesome awesome bikes

dude that bike has to be worth 445-5000 easy, someone needs some money!

You are exactly right. It's a buyers market out there right now. If you save the cash and keep your eye open you can find ppl who lost there jobs and need money to pay bills. It's kinda bad in a way b/c you are taking advantage of someones bad times to get cheap deals but then I look at it as I'm helping them pay there bills so I don't feel so bad about it LOL...