is this filter cleen

blasterjarred

Sep 7, 2008
missiouri (booteheel)
well i got creek water in my filter and i cleened it and oiled it and is this cleen i dono if its suposto make it look new or not and how do u get that stuff off ur hands i cleened with gas soap and water and hevey greas cleener lol next time im wearen gloves lol
am2kae.jpg

It's not terribly filthy, but it could be cleaner. Are those spots normally there/? As the filters get older they sometimes get stuff stuck in them that you can't clean out. Try to get it as clean as you possibly can, and if you've done that, then oil it and run it.

yea its like a mounts old only has a handfull of rides and i dumped it in a creak and i ges that mud but i washed it for like 10 min and they wouldnt come out so i gess its as cleen as it will get thanks

i use gas to clean my filters...works great to take off filter oil...just put it in a small bowl and pour a little bit of gas in it and just make the filter absorb all of the gas and you'll see all of the oil and dirt dripping off.

Gas does break down the filter...You reall shouldnt use it. It looks like that is either a no-toil or uni filter. What you should really do is get the cleaning/oil kit that either brand sells and use that to clean your filter and then oil it up after. I have K&N so I use the K&N products. The Uni and no-toil oil is thicker/sticker than K&N so I woudnt mix and match the different brands.

Looks like a dirty No-toil filter and oil next to it. Use the No-toil cleaner, trust me on this one. I'm not pushing the product, but if that's the brand of filter oil in it, the same brand cleaner is about the only thing that'll easily clean it.

After 10 cleanings my No-toil filters still look like new. I just replace them because they start to get a little flimsy. Using the matching cleaner gives you a clean filter in seconds, and the sticky oil comes right off your hands.

It's safe for your drains too, I clean mine in the kitchen sink. Just go get some, put your filter in a bucket with water and some cleaner, rinse, and you'll be amazed how quickly the filter comes clean. No stickiness either.

^^ the easiest way to get the sticky oil off of your hands is to use some filter cleaner. Takes the oil right off.

I have a few boxes of nitrile gloves (we use a ton of em at work) that i keep hanging around. They're great for packing bearing grease into bearings, cleaning air filters, or any other dirty job. Get the gloves all dirty, pull them off, and you've got clean hands!