Is Lucas synthetic 2 stroke oil good

Shotime

Nov 26, 2013
My 01 blaster still has the oil injection. I've been using the yamalube. But at $15 a quart it's expensive. Anyone here have any experience with the Lucas synthetic 2 strike oil? Thanks.

I really hate to argue blaaster as i feel you kno way more then me but thats what i use and on the bottle it says safe for high performace air cooled motorcycles

On reading the spec sheet the racing oil is suitable.

https://www.lucasoil.com/images/medialibrary/67_Semi_Syn_2_Cycle.pdf

Lucas Semi Synthetic 2-CYCLE Oil

Lucas High Performance Semi-Sythetic 2 CYCLE Oil has been specifically developed to give a long trouble-free life to gasoline-powered 2-cycle engines. Designed for any oil injection system or pre mix up to 50:1. Use in Snowmobiles, Weed Eaters, Leaf Blowers, Chain Saws and more.

Lucas High Performance Semi-Synthetic 2 Cycle Racing Oil uses an advanced "Smokeless" formula specially blended from mineral oil, synthetic oil and a low ash additive package containing fortified dispersant inhibitors. It also contains exclusive detergents and lubricants. The end result of this advanced technology is a more thorough burning of the fuel resulting in more power and fewer emissions.

Lucas ashless detergent inhibitor package minimizes spark plug fouling, pre-ignition, ring sticking and combustion chamber deposits. The user can expect cleaner exhaust ports and spark plugs, less carbn buildup on the piston rings, skirts, crown and under crown areas. For more specific information on each racing oil please review our product specification sheets.

Key Benefits
•Clean burning "Smokeless"
•Mixes well with gasolines at all temperatures
•Meets requirements for "low smoke" oils
•Low Ash
•Suitable for use in air-cooled engines
•Surpasses Mercury, Evinrude and Johnson Motors requirements
•Expect longer ring life, less fuel consumption and no filter clogging
•Excellent rust protection during storage
•Prevents carbon deposits
•Prevents piston burning and corrosion caused by combustion residue
•Meets ISO GD and JASO FD
•Exceeds API TC

My information was based on the above suitable for use in air cooled engines, they do not state air cooled motorcycle engines.

It is suitable for air cooled engines, chain saws, weed eaters are air cooled, which are temperature controlled by a fan and cowling.

They do not state air cooled motorcycles, which have wildly varying temperature changes, I am sceptical that this oil would be man enough to do good enough job for my motors.

But on the other hand, I am a "bean oil" man through and through, and would not consider running anything else.

In all fairness, I have not heard of anything bad from anyone running it.

The spec sheet says that it is suitable for ATVs, and all air cooled engines.

I like to read, on the bottle what a product will actually be good for.

I suppose that I am a particular "old fart"` at times but I prefer to see things documented.

Its all good, it is great to get feedback from you as you are using the oil, and you can share your experiences.

The Lucas oil may just be the answer for those on a tight budget.

Just because I would not use it, is not a real good reason for others not to.

It is discussions like this that people learn from, thanks for "calling me".

I got the Lucas at my local parts store. I get a good discount there. It was $5 for a quart. I'm going to try it out when I run out of the yamalube. $15 a quart for the yamalube is just out of control. Thanks for everyone's input.