intake port size

xmous3yx

Dec 19, 2008
somerset county, nj
i wanna kno the intake port size on the blaster cuz i wanna buy a carb and i dont wanna buy a carb bigger then i need. because there is no point on buying a carb bigger then ur intake port. i would like it in mm's and i know the intake port isnt circular so could u give me all the dimensions?

out of curiousity once you have these given measurments how will you then translate this information into what size carburetor should be used in your application ? you do realize theres much much more involved into that equation than simply the intake size alone right ?

Here's sum rough measurements. If they're way off someone will correct me. Might help if you're tryin to figure area which is tough on goofy shaped ports. Keep us posted on what yur up to :)

Blasterports1b.jpg

Reactions: xmous3yx
if i remember right,
back when i had my 402 big block '71 monte carlo, i read an article by "keith black" of racing engine fame, explaining why guys who put huge 750 holley double pumper carbs on 350 small block chevy's are losing power and wasting gas, because an engine can only consume so much fuel/air mixture, and the way he tuned his motors was take the cubic inches of the motor (x) %120 = the size carb you need, so according to him a 350 motor would run better with a smaller carb, say 450, not a bigger 650 double pumper, it cant breathe that much,
how any of that info relates to a 2 stroke i dont know????
but it does sound like you're thinkin right

yeah im doing alotta research on formulas and sh*t. and i wanna get the most optimal performance outta the carb i get. im not gonna strap on a 40mm an say it hauls ass when realisticly it doesnt. i want my blaster to perform. and i want that breath of fresh air and fuel my blaster takes b4 every cycle to be as potent and and i want that potent mix to flow in there at the fastest possible rate! and thats y im gonna send my motor out for some port work in the near future. ive seen good stuff about flotek; racing, porting pics, and lots of recommendations. ive seen a few recommendations on wildcard. his work looks good as well. i kno blasters consume alot more gas after portwork and carb work. how long can u go riding on a tank of gas if ur ON IT! im looking for answers from those who got port work done and that run big carbs like 32mm and up. thx