Idle Kit Installation Instructions Blaster/Banshee

What is the difference between the two kits AWK08 posted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good man cheers I:I

StevieN
Please ineed help stevien ihave drilled the hole into the wrong side and put the idle needle on the opposite side and now my carburater just gets rid of the gas and spills it all.
It is a yamaha blaster and i bought vitos racing idle needle and it brought no instructions what so ever and now that i messed up ifound this forum

Good man cheers I:I

StevieN
Please ineed help stevien ihave drilled the hole into the wrong side and put the idle needle on the opposite side and now my carburater just gets rid of the gas and spills it all.
It is a yamaha blaster and i bought vitos racing idle needle and it brought no instructions what so ever and now that i messed up ifound this forum

ihave drilled the hole into the wrong side and put the idle needle on the opposite side and now my carburater just gets rid of the gas and spills it all.

plug the incorrect hole you drilled with a correct thread short bolt (m6 x 1.0 I believe) coated with pipe dope or yamabond.
or packing the hole with epoxy putty (quicksteel) may work also.

be sure the bolt or putty does not protrude into the carb throat

then drill/tap the correct side......

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/

IMO...the throttle should be blipped during heat cycles, varying the rpms, not just left to idle as some would have you think.
5+ minutes is plenty enuf time to come up to full operating temps

and if the bike won't idle, it's going to be doing alot of stalling out on the track or trails
plug the incorrect hole you drilled with a correct thread short bolt (m6 x 1.0 I believe) coated with pipe dope or yamabond.

then drill/tap the correct side.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/
thank you very much for your help but me drilling that hole os that the reason the gas is spilling from it because it never did it until idrilled the hole and what is the hole for it had thread and igot confused

thank you very much for your help but me drilling that hole os that the reason the gas is spilling from it because it never did it until idrilled the hole and what is the hole for it had thread and igot confused

that hole must be for another application this carb may have been used on,
maybe a different bike/atv that required the idle screw on that side ?, due to exhaust on the left ?

just block it off and see if the gas dribbles stops ?
report back

that hole must be for another application this carb may have been used on,
maybe a different bike/atv that required the idle screw on that side ?, due to exhaust on the left ?

just block it off and see if the gas dribbles stops ?
report back
I will let you know and thank you for the help iwas in need of help despretly and found out everything i needed to know

Reactions: Awk08
do you know the size of the tap to create the thread on the other side

I do not know the size off hand, I think m6 x 1.0 ?

I bought the complete kit that included the cap/cable, drill/tap and idle screw, but never looked at the size written on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...ash=item2ee47817bd:g:qg0AAOSwpdpVcbAW&vxp=mtr

I can tell you to be 100% sure to use the correct matching drill bit for whetever size tap is required. ask and buy both at the same time, matching set.

Got mine done today. :)

DSCN4826_zpsw43cvdla.jpg

File flat to length.
DSCN4830_zpsgml1tlz3.jpg

Drill a hole in my nice carb. :eek:
DSCN4831_zpsm45qdvls.jpg

DSCN4833_zpsynkeui4q.jpg

Tab the hole.
DSCN4836_zpssqtk7xnr.jpg

DSCN4838_zps7cxniqku.jpg

Ready to install after cleaning the carb.
DSCN4839_zpsxbupmyza.jpg

Installed.
DSCN4840_zpsnclujbgr.jpg

DSCN4842_zpsjwlfypzh.jpg

Reactions: speedyslyder
thank you for the great info. new to the community, but not a wrench. The blaster i purchased has been full of half completed things. discovered today after trying my best to get it to idle that the previous owner did the TORS delete but not the idle adjustment kit

Reactions: Markblaster
Did you file the boss flat, if not there will not be enough screw poking through to raise the slide?
When u say file bos flat does that mean outside of carb..where new idle screw goes..and I did everything right I think with tors kit install but now it’s leaking gas and won’t stay idled

IMO...the throttle should be blipped during heat cycles, varying the rpms, not just left to idle as some would have you think.
5+ minutes is plenty enuf time to come up to full operating temps

and if the bike won't idle, it's going to be doing alot of stalling out on the track or trails
Hey awk I followed steps on the new eliminator kit but it’s seems like new cable to long or I’m not adjusting throttle cable right seems like it’s to much slack..it won’t idle have to hold throttle to keep idled and then gas starts pouring out carb bottom have to turn gas off cleaned carb a million times floats not cracked or damaged .it’s weird I noticed that when I took carb off the ring on the needle was past the 5grooves and it stayed at steady low idle but put new kit on and put in 3rd groove like recommended and it kick starts right up but won’t idle have to hold throttle