Idle adjustment help

ZeroAO

Sep 3, 2012
Hi all,

I just bought my son a '01 blaster and it starts and runs well but the idle seems awfully high to me. From what I have read, it looks like the TORS system has been removed and the idle adjustment screw should be on the side of the carb below the choke. However, there is nothing there, no screw, nothing.

Can anybody tell me what to look for? I have attached pictures. Thanks in advance.

7627-carb-2.jpg

7626-carb-1.jpeg

you need one of these idle screws.......

IDLE KIT FOR TORS...

follow the directions for filing that orifice flat, drilling and tapping for the screw, this will require removing and disassembleing the carb, i like to put a rag into the carb bore to keep as much metal shavings out as possible, then clean thoroughly.......

rwqo7a.jpg

Screw it in until it starts to lift the slide, then 1/4 of a turn more, should give a fast idle, ready to adjust the air screw.

Hi all,

I just bought my son a '01 blaster and it starts and runs well but the idle seems awfully high to me. From what I have read, it looks like the TORS system has been removed and the idle adjustment screw should be on the side of the carb below the choke. However, there is nothing there, no screw, nothing.

Can anybody tell me what to look for? I have attached pictures. Thanks in advance.

7627-carb-2.jpg

7626-carb-1.jpeg
You need to put a hose on that vent port!
I'd ditch that filter too and replace the fuel line, there are filters inside the tank that will stop anything from getting through!

petcock_zpse51b317c.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but cant you just splice the Yellow/black to the black at the cdi box and just unplug everything else rather than splice here splice there. this way its just one splice (for the 03+)

Last edited:
yep just gotta be spliced once, i prefer doing it all the way under the hood so it is out of the way and safe from getting snagged.