I NEED HELP JETTING MY CARB PLEASE ANYONE.

An exhaust leak will make you run lean and overheat as well as give the piston a hard time.

What is the compression reading after 5 kicks.

You said that you know that the jetting is wrong, do not ride it again until you have fixed the jetting and confirmed by a plug chop.

You have been advised more than once not to ride until you have addressed the jetting problems, keep riding and very soon the engine will die and you will be responsible for its demise.

While you have the pipe off to fix the leak, have a look up the exhaust port for signs of piston damage.

Last edited:
The one in that side case by the shifter but it was a mix if problems I fixed exhausted leak and new plug and it fires over on half choke but if you push the choke off it shuts down my pilot jet is too small an I'm 16 years old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 254
I can't ride it if I want to it won't stay running.the pilot jet is too small but everything else is fixed but now the exhaust leak is very small I'm in a machine shop at Wilkes Berra career and technical center so I'm gonna get a smaller bolt for it

I am being hard on you for a good reason, I do not want you to stuff up your ride.

I realise that you are just busting to ride, but keep starting it without the correct jets is asking for trouble.

The float level must be correct, the jetting must be correct, the idle must be set correctly, there must be absolutely no air leaks (this includes the header pipe).

The carby must not flood, the jets must be clean, you must be using the correct oil at the correct ratio.

Then, and only then, should the engine be started.

Fix every thing and ride to your hearts content with a big grin on your dial.:D:D:D

I am concerned that you are not able to ride, and I do not apologise for giving you a hard time.

My sole intention is to get you in the seat, riding. I have a 17 Son who too loves to ride, but in no way will I let him ride if the bike is not perfect!

Thanks and my dad is gonna do all the work finally I have a 260 main and a 32.5 pilot jet on the way dad is gonna put them in and adjust everything and clean it all up
I am being hard on you for a good reason, I do not want you to stuff up your ride.

I realise that you are just busting to ride, but keep starting it without the correct jets is asking for trouble.

The float level must be correct, the jetting must be correct, the idle must be set correctly, there must be absolutely no air leaks (this includes the header pipe).

The carby must not flood, the jets must be clean, you must be using the correct oil at the correct ratio.

Then, and only then, should the engine be started.

Fix every thing and ride to your hearts content with a big grin on your dial.:D:D:D

I am concerned that you are not able to ride, and I do not apologise for giving you a hard time.

My sole intention is to get you in the seat, riding. I have a 17 Son who too loves to ride, but in no way will I let him ride if the bike is not perfect!

Ok now there's a 32.5 pilot jet and a 260 main jet and It is still not allowing my to get full throttle cause it shuts down Idk where the idle is at but the air screw is at 1.5 turns out and it's still running pretty hot within 3 minutes of running in my drive way the pipe was soo hot I couldn't touch in and the head was pretty hot too

Yu
If the flywheel nut came loose the chances of the woodruff key being broken and the timing being way out is possible.

Take the flywheel of, check the tapers for damage.

If damaged lap the flywheel to the shaft and fit a new woodruff key.

Make sure the large washer is in place and tension the nut to 53ft lbs.

Hang in there Buddy, we will lead you to getting it going.
p broke the Woodrow key on the blaster

You say its getting hot quickly... You have to remember that in 3 minutes, your blaster will fire probably 3000+ times (idle around 1000rpm)

If its getting too hot too quickly, you PROBABLY have an air leak. Which needs to be addressed immediately.

i have a 1988 blaster it is bored 80 over,milled .010 for compression,banshee carb,fmf fatty pipe and silencer,no cover on airbox hot rod kit 3/8 reed spacer and stock reeds.please i have read all over to look for the correct jetting and cant find and dont want to pay a shop to do it.

Ok now there's a 32.5 pilot jet and a 260 main jet and It is still not allowing my to get full throttle cause it shuts down Idk where the idle is at but the air screw is at 1.5 turns out and it's still running pretty hot within 3 minutes of running in my drive way the pipe was soo hot I couldn't touch in and the head was pretty hot too

With the mods stated you should be looking at a #280 - #290 main, + one more size up if you premix at 32:1.

You must set the float level and the idle as per specs as it can affect the choice of main jet.

Plug chop a #290 and report back.

By the way what were the results of the leak test?

Running hot tells me that you either are starving the engine of fuel, or you have an air leak contributing to a lean mix?

you broke a skirt,probably going to have to split cases to get all the debris out,does your connecting rod move up n down at all?

I shattered the intake side of my pistion but b4 I put it all together I had a small scar in the cylinder it's still there but I also had 1 ounce of octane boost in 5 gallons of gas I want to know if anyone can tell me what did it to me

broken skirts are usally incorrect bore/piston tolerances. connecting rod side to side is ok but nothing up n down others will post there expert advice :)

Last edited:
sounds like this is the second time this has happened,your going to need to have a shop correct your cylinder bore and fit a new piston....unless your suckin rocks through your intake..either way if that was mine id be getting my cylinder freshened up.....you got to pay to play lol:) lets see this cylinder? pic and also follow advice posted above

If a skirt has dropped off a piston the chances are that the cylinder is worn enough to warrant a fresh bore.

You are going to have to split the cases to remove the piston debris, no amount of flushing will remove it all.