i fuked my quad

B14573r

Jul 31, 2007
NJ
when i was ridng this weekend i f*cked my quad up pretty bad i f*cked the rotor n i lost my skid plate in the woods, so i gotta get a new rotor n plate, n i crashed into a tree so my bumper is destroyed lol wat a weekend

lol sorry to hear that, get some stainless steel bolts to hold the skid plate on.
i would rather get an aftermarket bumper than that crappy stock one

na i will never slow down, but aftermarekt bumpers are a waste, u spent 80 bucks n then u crash n they r destryoed

lol sorry to hear that, get some stainless steel bolts to hold the skid plate on.
i would rather get an aftermarket bumper than that crappy stock one

i had stainless steel bolts, they sheared off, im getting high strength grade 8 bolts for the rotor and skid plate

no actually im really good at riding, i was in a power slide n when the wheeles finally gripped i flew into a tree

grade 8 is the way to go on everything, those wont sheer anytime soon

Ouch!!!

99pinger, is correct grade 8's are the sh*t. Used for hitches, framne mounting, anything with wicked shear force.

BUT, stainless ain't no sissy metal. If you sheared stainless AND it didn't fubar whatever it was holding, stay with the stainless. The grade 8 will cut through the mild steel. At a certain point, breakage is good. Grade 8 if/when it breaks it's always a bad thing.

BTW, you hit a tree hard enough to trash the the stock bumper, your lucky to still have teeth. When I was first learning about these little Blasters (at my friends Blaster's expense!!) I was trying to see how big of a tree I could I could hit and bend over. 2" was about it for those that want to know. Anyway, I had a couple that bent just enough to send the dam thing up and back at me, but when I hit one that didn't care about a few hundred pounds of BVlaster and my ass, it was a nasty stop.

Why?

There is alot of aluminum in the motor, the A-arms have play, steering is multi part and the frame is a left and right with spars. A good hard nasty smack can change alot of stuff.

Pay attention to how things go back together. If it don't line up there may be reason. The last thing you want is a crck in the frame and have it fail in the middle of a jump. Be climbing a wicked hill and the motor comes loose or you lose a wheel or one wheel goes all by it's onesy...

Anyway, be careful and know your machine.

A