hydro cailper

ron89

Feb 20, 2008
bensalem PA..
tell me what u think lol .. ok i was at the junk yard today and they had some bikes there idk make lol .. and the back breaks worked on the 1 and it was hydraulic so i got it to try and get it to work on the blaster .. it was only 20bucks so if i cant get it to work no loss haha ..
cailper12.jpg
[/IMG]

cailper13.jpg
[/IMG]

cailper.jpg
[/IMG]

i am going to try and get it to bolt on some how, i am not trying to weld it on lol ..

What did it come off of? I like seeing peeps thinkin out of the box with mods. Street bikes have great hydro brakes to pirate.

i got it all on i just need to bolt the top on the master cylinder to the frame and run the lines so nothing get cought on them on the trails haha ..
cailper23.jpg
[/IMG]
cailper22.jpg
[/IMG]
cailper24.jpg
[/IMG]

they work great it was well worth the 20bucks haha .. i think i am going to hit up some other junkyards this weekend and see if i can find another setup for my other blaster .. tell me what ya think:)

that looks like a perfect fit. what was involved in making it fit?

umm i just had to get a longer bolt for the master cylinder thing, and i had to drill into the frame so the top could bolt in .. and i cut some steel so i could bolt up the caliper to work .. but i need to get a diff caliper cause i need 1 that the pins hold the brake pads in lol ..

Nice quick and dirty upgrade mod!!

I also put some hydros from a motorcycle on my 01 blaster. I dont remember what it was from, when I need pads, I will match them up in the book. It worked great, I did however drill and weld some nuts in the frame by the pedal and weld an ear on the stock pedal, and a bracket to mount the resevoir. Cut, drilled and tapped some 3/8" steel for my caliper bracket. I am in the process of a rebuild right now, and actually just blead them last night, they work excellent, cant wait to put them to real use. I may post pics later, of the brakes, and or whole build later in another thread.

I have used rear hydro setups off of bikes for many go karts, blaster, etc. I used a front hydro brake on one kart, but I like the fairly new rear ones, because of the nice small and easy to mount master cylinder. They have a little clevis that works great putting it on your own pedal or whatever.

Brian =)

Nice quick and dirty upgrade mod!!

I also put some hydros from a motorcycle on my 01 blaster. I dont remember what it was from, when I need pads, I will match them up in the book. It worked great, I did however drill and weld some nuts in the frame by the pedal and weld an ear on the stock pedal, and a bracket to mount the resevoir. Cut, drilled and tapped some 3/8" steel for my caliper bracket. I am in the process of a rebuild right now, and actually just blead them last night, they work excellent, cant wait to put them to real use. I may post pics later, of the brakes, and or whole build later in another thread.

I have used rear hydro setups off of bikes for many go karts, blaster, etc. I used a front hydro brake on one kart, but I like the fairly new rear ones, because of the nice small and easy to mount master cylinder. They have a little clevis that works great putting it on your own pedal or whatever.

Brian =)

niceee can u get some pics .. u trying to sell any of the calipers i may pick another 1 for a spare ..

thats nicee I:I.. where did u buy that mount for the caliper??..

I custom CNC it out of 3/8" steel, then powder coated it argent silver.

It works excellent! I just need new pads. I did some major custom metal work on the brake lever and the peg if you want a picture I will take one and post it for you...