How to install the kickstarter gear

Thanks for the pics they really helped in my case! Whn I bought my last blaster the spring was junk & I needed to replace it and I couldn't figure out how it went in properly.. Great advice.
Thanks

Could be a little more descriptive for those who don't know how to do this, but good job.
Yes I did that OK so there is this this lil sliver looks like it broke on cover would that affect

Attachments

• KIMG0138.JPG
    KIMG0138.JPG
    609.9 KB · Views: 426
I have a 2003 blaster and the kicker gear isn't working. It's like it free spins. Any idea why it's not kicking.

I have a 2003 blaster and the kicker gear isn't working. It's like it free spins. Any idea why it's not kicking.
Possibly a broken spring? You need to drain
Oil . remove kicker and clutch cover and have a look.if. something is broken you don't want any of the pieces getting caught up in a gear. Also check idler gear

Last edited:
Possibly a broken spring? You need to drain
Oil . remove kicker and clutch cover and have a look.if. something is broken you don't want any of the pieces getting caught up in a gear. Also check idler gear
Idle gear seems fine. Spring seems fine. I just bought the clip it was missing figuring that wld do it. But it still doesn't work.

I
Kicker shaft installed correctly?
Think it's installed properly. The snap ring is what I just bought and installed. It sits in that spot about 4 or 5:00. But yes I think the idler gear isn't moving in and out. That wld make sense. Any ideas.

Make sure #6 notch is lined up with spring..
I would try putting kicker on with cover off. Hold in on kicker and see if it will engage .without spring poping off.go easy. Should be able to see if gear is coming out to catch idler.
Gear is on correctly?

Make sure #6 notch is lined up with spring..
I would try putting kicker on with cover off. Hold in on kicker and see if it will engage .without spring poping off.go easy. Should be able to see if gear is coming out to catch idler.
Gear is on correctly?
I will disassemble it again and check to see if it's correct and try it that way and let u knw. Thank u

Reactions: Slydog