How to install the kickstarter gear

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
Sorry I took so long I got a little lazy

v3gk1x.jpg

2sbpp51.jpg

4kgv91.jpg

The clip part goes into that square slot/hole.

The tab goes against the side of the case.

To install the spring if u can't use your fingers use needle nose pliers.

Last edited by a moderator:
good job +1 rep

Sometimes kickstart pic helps

1 is where the round clip sits

2 is the kicker gear stop....(the flat metal part)

3 is where the spring sits in

~
100_3344-1.jpg

~

Last edited by a moderator:
for the clip slot the bottom thin wall that is on the slot/hole is broken off on my blaster. will that matter much?

yes, that will becuz when you kick it down that clip moves the teeth wheel back so the kickstarter will come back up

and flyer any recommendations on how to explain it better for the users that do not know how to do this??

Thx for the pictures on this. I actually can see what you were intending on the color code, but the last pic is a little dark so it is hard to see things like the kick starter spring, although you did a good job keeping the parts in same order so with the first pic and the last pic and the circles showed what I needed to figure out how to allign my kickstarter back up! Thank you for posting this as it is a big help especially when you take the cover off and the kickstarter comes off with it while trying to remove it. I guess next time I will take my nut off kickstarter first and then try to pull it off before loosing the screws to the cover. I had left them in loose but when i pulled on the kicstarter it poped the cover just enough to seperate the gears and i then figured oh well I guess I will see how hard it is to put back together this way :).

ha if you try putting the kick starter i nwhile it is still bolted on the case u would have one hell of a time trying to do that nearly impossible

great pics THANKS I was trying to put it back on with the kicker attached
the reason for this rookie mistake is This was the first time I took the side case off of something that isnt a pull start REPS

well that hepled me figure out why my kickstart was slipping. i had taken the crankcase off and the kickstart gear and found clip on the floor. and didnt know where it went. so i put everything back together and it was slipping... that clip went on the kickstart gear!!

Hi Guys
When i put the kickstarter gear back in it works fine,but as soon as I put the crankcase cover on its very hard to kick and doesn't come back up.Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Hi Guys
When i put the kickstarter gear back in it works fine,but as soon as I put the crankcase cover on its very hard to kick and doesn't come back up.Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Did you install the spring? Or something might be rubbing causing hard kick/ stay down

Also try making a new thread I:I
Not everyone looks at these oldies :p

New thread here --> http://www.blasterforum.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=17