How to get nice ride height with YFZ450 Front shocks??

bigred

May 4, 2011
Huntsville, ON
Hi guys, Im trying to install YFZ450 front shcoks on my 02 blaster with +3 +1 burgard a arms. I used the CFM lowering blocks with them but the bike seems to sit pretty low. I will also be installing a 250R rear shock on a +2 swing arm. I just want the bike to sit nice and even, but not too high. Any suggestions on how the bike will sit/ride without the lowering kit. Any help would be great, thanks again!!

i've seen mmajay say the lowering blocks did not work for him ? i assumed they would, but now you also confirm they don't ?

maybe get us some pics, of how the bike sits, and close-ups of the a-arms/shock mounts so we can see what we're dealing with ?

No, the cfm lowering blocks worked great, the shocks fit in nice the front end just sits a bit too low for my liking. I will try to get you some pictures this weekend. The blasty is in my buddys shop. Thanks again!

mabe try adjusting the preload on the shocks (loosen locking rings on top of the spring and thread them down) this will stiffen the spring, lifting the front end up

mabe try adjusting the preload on the shocks (loosen locking rings on top of the spring and thread them down) this will stiffen the spring, lifting the front end up

Will this method only work when the springs are in a compressed state whilst sitting..

If the shocks are at full length, compressing the springs wll only harden up the pre load, not make the shocks any longer.

You may need to alter the top mounts or fit a Diamond widening and lowering/raising kit.