how to bullet proof bottomside of blaster

coreyownz

Apr 2, 2008
ok so if your poor(like me) and cant afford to powdercoat but paint your frame(like me) after your done painting it buy that rhino lining sh*t in a can and spray the bottom side of a-arims frame and swinger or get the paint on kind im gonna do it and that stuff is realy tuff why wouldnt it work?ill post up pics when i do mine its gonna be beast though i mean c'mon ever see the commercails i have no doubt that it will work..

it doesn't really hold up any better that normal paint.... i did it to my foot guards and swing arm skid plate..... it all rubbed off

u sure it was like the intence sh*t tj? ive seen them coat a f*cking cynder block, drop it off a 5 story building and just bounce. that sh*ts intence. wouldnt look very purty though, unless your doing just a black frame and sh*t.

i just had a though but if you do the bottom side you realy wont see it that much either

I am making my own skid plates, I have already done the one for under the engine, now I am going to make some for the a-arms. All aluminum. Very nice looking and protects the frame/paint.

spray the bedline on the skid-plates that way they look good and when you sell it you can be like look the bedline didnt even chip..

The stuff in a spray can isn't very good. If you want it to last, you gotta get a can of the good stuff (rhino linger, etc.). You have to read the instructions and properly prep the surface if you want it to say on. More than one coat is required.

If you use the stuff in a spray can, then it's basically just spray paint with some junk in it.

If you want a paint that is REALLY tough, check out POR-15. It's not cheap, and you have to prep the surface properly (like, it doesn't want to stick to smooth bare metal or smooth paint, it likes rough surfaces and rust). It hardens like a rock. It's very toxic...the fumes are BAD!! But it's about the toughest paint you can throw on a frame. However, if you're constantly dragging the frame over rocks....nothing is going to stand up to that!!

Any of you quad guys ever use any high density plastic skids?? Like the cutting board stuff?? My friend made the skid for his belly pan on his chero-buggy outa that stuff...slides over rocks real nice, and takes hard hits no problem. Not cheap though...

Jes gootah drop my 1ct's here. It's never gonna be and strong
er then what it's sprayed over. At the very least scuff up your peice with sand paper or steel whool and clean it afterwards with a wax & grease remover.
OR
sandblast it.