how many peoples kick starts dont stay against their engine?

Whos kick start arm doesnt return?

• Doesn't work

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Works

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
I have noticed alot of peoples are messed up, not sure how many exactly but this seems to be another blaster flaw. i belive the problem lies with the ball bearing thats supposed to be in the kick arm with the spring. i have to bungie mine because i cant find a ball the right size.

anyone solve this any other ways?

EDIT: i mean does it lock to the engine or does it fling back up then just fall out eventually? like my friends kawi dirtbike as an example, you kick it, and it flings back up into its home. my blasty does that but just flops back out. so who else has this?

Last edited:
mine wont return to the spot by the motor but i sprayed some PB blast in the spot where it turns and it turns easy now but still stays in when i ride

OK to get this straight, the spring from kicking pushes it to the engine, BUT I MEAN DOES IT STAY THERE OR TURN OUT WHILE RIDING.

caps was just so ppl would see it lol

i get whacked in the shin constantly.. but i came up with a simple but ugly fix..

faten a metal hose clamp to the frame right above the kickstarter where the frame starts to curve and the extra part of the clamp hangs down . bend it backwards like a hook and put some shrink wrap around it, the the kickstarter hooks and unhooks super easy and sure beats getting whacked in the shins everytime you hit a bump or get on the throttle

edit here's a pic so you can see what i mean
2848708763_9f385a2821_o.jpg

i get whacked in the shin constantly.. but i came up with a simple but ugly fix..

faten a metal hose clamp to the frame right above the kickstarter where the frame starts to curve and the extra part of the clamp hangs down . bend it backwards like a hook and put some shrink wrap around it, the the kickstarter hooks and unhooks super easy and sure beats getting whacked in the shins everytime you hit a bump or get on the throttle

edit here's a pic so you can see what i mean
2848708763_9f385a2821_o.jpg

i dont see how that hooks to the kickstarter

the kickstarger when folded back hooks behind it. you can see the scratches on the kickstarter from me hooking in back before putting the shrink wrap on.

They probably don't work for the same reason that none of your brakes work, you dip your bikes in the sh*t and wonder why nothing works and is always tore up!?