Hole in top of slide, cover it with anchor?

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
I have done some searching on this. I have read that if you don't cover the hole it will cause an air leak. I also read if you do cover it then it will create a vacuum when the slide goes up and down. It looks to me like it needs to be open. They went out our their way to cut the slot in the anchor. I just popped open one of the carbs I got for the free shee and the hole was covered. Is anybody 100% sure which way to install the anchor? I will call CPW tomorrow and post results if nobody knows. I agree with AWK in this thread I just want to make sure. I have them open on the other bikes.

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/needle-53421/

to add even more confusion.......

I once looked under the anchor, and saw what appeared to be a mark from the hole on the side that would block it off, i think i blocked them off ?
not sure what position i have them in now, but whetever it is, my bikes have ran great for at least 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: Wifesblaster
I have the hole opened on the blue bike and it runs great. The only reason why I'm questioning it is because the holes on the banshee carbs were blocked off. I will get an answer today.

The hole allows passage of air from above the slide.

If the hole is blocked, the cap is sealed with a rubber seal and the cable is sealed with a boot, air will be trapped above the slide, and cause a damping effect.

If the throttle has been at a large opening for a while and then quickly realeased the spring will not be able to overcome the vaccuum if the hole is blocked.

This will cause the slide to hang and not snap back to idle immediatly.

Reactions: Wifesblaster
open it will be for me too, cleaning both carbs today as i finalize the black blaster for riding this weekend I:I

Well I just got two answers. Carb parts warehouse says there is no such thing as a vent or bleed hole in the slide. I called Eric Gore and he said it has to be open. I will udate as I find more info.

LEAVE IT OPEN! Read this. Read the paragraph to the top left of your screen. Don't scroll up or down unless you want to read the whole thing.

Motocross & Off-road: Performance Handbook - Eric Gorr - Google Books

/\ thats alot of good info in Eric Gores book
i do not think that has it's own thread ?
but should.
could you please make a thread in the "general support" section called .....
"Motocross & Off-road: Performance Handbook - Eric Gorr"
and include the link above.
so i can sticky it for future reference ??

reps given !