help please dont know what to do?

blaster_pro

Feb 14, 2010
Big Stone Gap VA.
had my blasty engine rebuilt ported and polished,when i got it back she started right up....the bad thing is once it warms up and you rev to the power band it just keeps on going.i was riding one day and it did that for the first time and i didnt know what to do so i pulled the cap off the spark plug then it kept going for about five seconds.now im used to it so all i do is stomp the rear brake to make it stop reving then just keep on going,but im really getting tired of it because whenever someone wants to ride it i have to tell them no then they call it a pos and im tired of it happening i want to continue modding the blasty but want it fixed first..please help:(

Do a leak down test, RIGHT NOW. Once you know the engine is sealed, pull the carburetor and check the float level.

What's the main jet, pilot jet, and needle set clip?

contact slickerthanyou on here to buy or rent one, it will come with directions.

sounds like an air leak, or really lean jetting.

DO NOT RIDE UNTIL YOU HAVE VERIFIED THAT THIS MOTOR IS SEALED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are running lean or the jetting is far enough off to do this, you WILL do damage to the top end, if you haven't already

My guess is an air leak! I do sell the testers and rent them, however why do you have negative rep?