help my blaster wont start

turbo30jez

Mar 8, 2010
utah
Has gas, spark, compression, new plug, was just riding one day and it died. I have checked all the wires, tried different coil, unplugged the t.o.r.s. unit. motor has good compresion with finger test. I,m at my wits end not sure what to try next.

no new mods. just old DG pipe and silencer. we were riding in the mountains and it sputtered a few times and died then would not start with the kicker so we roll started it and it ran just barely back to camp. then nothing. I've tried gas in the spark plug hole. pulling it with my jeep, It doesn't even pop. I tried new plugs they have good blue spark. br8es. I will do a comp. test tonight I am guessing the normal P.S.I. is about 40 nto 60?
anyway any help is awsome. rode all day two weeks ago and it ran great.

psi should be above 140 and if u can push the kicker down with ur thumb then its time for a rebuild. did u go thro any water if so my guess is water in the carb thats wat happend to me then i cleaned it and it fired rite up do a plug chop it should be golden and does it smoke, wats ur airscew set at, does it smoke

a finger compression test wont cut it. get a compression tester and it should at least be 120+psi. happend to me. was just riding one day and it died (actually my brother was riding it). felt a bit low on compression whe i was kicking it. it ended up having 70psi and wouldnt start at all. i just removed some of the aluminum on the cylinder with muriatic acid and honed it, then put in a stock size piston and rings and was good as new. just toasted the rings, that was it. it was a really hot day.

Did a comp. test last night and had all of 30 p.s.i. I should have known when I was able to push the quad across the garage in gear. Ohh well I hope its just rings. Does any one know if the stock sleave is nickle plated or just steel?

Ok I pulled the head and jug the piston was scuffed badly on the exhaust side and the rings were stuck/welded in. when I bought the quad it came with a spare motor in pieces so I put the spare/used jug and head on. The piston and rings on the new/parts motor looked ok so now I have about 100 p.s.i. comp. and It runs but wont idle. the new/parts piston and rings were bigger so am I now needing to re-jet? also there is no idle adj. screw on the carb. In the clymer man. it shows a screw on the t.o.r.s. thing but mine is missing. any way not sure what to try first any Ideas would be nice.

rejetting shouldnt be necessary but finding why the motor blew is... you prolly have a massive airleak someplace. 100psi is kinda low so if possible i would at least hone and re ring it.

did you use new gaskets?are the rings on correctly, is the piston in the right way? and if they removed the tors then there should be an idle skrew on the right side, not to be confused with the air/fuel on the left side closest to the airinlet tube.

see mind has the same problem . I dont what mine is i was just gonna rebuild the carb and get new rings then do a compression test