Hello! New here! 98 Blaster

Can I check any of that without splitting the case?? So far I just have top end off. I didn’t even take it out.
Hope someone’s still up lol my jet seems to be 100!?!? Lmao uhhh... also in the pics I don’t believe it’s my ring anymore what could that be ?

Attachments

• 2DFB914E-8E8E-409E-82D5-0D55A0527155.jpeg
    2DFB914E-8E8E-409E-82D5-0D55A0527155.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 163
  • EF5B3CFF-CD81-47EA-8548-8B35499F7D85.jpeg
    EF5B3CFF-CD81-47EA-8548-8B35499F7D85.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 70F5DF67-B7A3-408A-9ABD-130392770E6B.jpeg
    70F5DF67-B7A3-408A-9ABD-130392770E6B.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 142
Can I check any of that without splitting the case?? So far I just have top end off. I didn’t even take it out.
Hope someone’s still up lol my jet seems to be 100!?!? Lmao uhhh... also in the pics I don’t believe it’s my ring anymore what could that be ?

My jet seems to be 100?!?! Uhhh ... what should it be? Also I don’t think it's my rings Pieces don’t match

Attachments

• 2CAC82C0-EA2B-4E3E-A4EB-7A67DE000966.jpeg
    2CAC82C0-EA2B-4E3E-A4EB-7A67DE000966.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 42D70E3D-3729-4B7B-AF55-C9E7EB391F90.jpeg
    42D70E3D-3729-4B7B-AF55-C9E7EB391F90.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 155
  • BB51231E-D024-4F95-AC37-A4CB784C04FE.jpeg
    BB51231E-D024-4F95-AC37-A4CB784C04FE.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 165
Check color of big end on rod for blueing or purple color. Roll crank around it should be smooth no rough spots in crank bearings. Plus look in with flashlight. Maybe fish around with small magnet. Kinda looks like some detonation going on. Are you premixing your gas? If so you need to plug off nipple on carb that oil injection went to i see a hose on it.or it will be an air leak.and give you the results you have. Basically You have to figure out what caused your failure so it doesn't happen to new top end.

Check color of big end on rod for blueing or purple color. Roll crank around it should be smooth no rough spots in crank bearings. Plus look in with flashlight. Maybe fish around with small magnet. Kinda looks like some detonation going on. Are you premixing your gas? If so you need to plug off nipple on carb that oil injection went to i see a hose on it.or it will be an air leak.and give you the results you have. Basically You have to figure out what caused your failure so it doesn't happen to new top end.
And that’s where I’m stuck lol

Yes, you can flush the bottom end but I highly recommend you split the cases. Also, like sly said, find the source for the initial cause of failure. The places I would start is the carb. Look at the jets and make sure they are the correct size for your mods. You can cross reference what your quad needs in relation to what others are running in the jetting thread, also, check that the oil injection nipple has a cap on it if you have deleted the oil injection. Leak down test is an absolute must because without it your playing guessing games. Another cause for failure could vary well be Chinese internals, this was the cause for the blaster I picked up that was already blown.

Do these things we have told you and re post with your findings, and good luck with everything.

Yes, you can flush the bottom end but I highly recommend you split the cases. Also, like sly said, find the source for the initial cause of failure. The places I would start is the carb. Look at the jets and make sure they are the correct size for your mods. You can cross reference what your quad needs in relation to what others are running in the jetting thread, also, check that the oil injection nipple has a cap on it if you have deleted the oil injection. Leak down test is an absolute must because without it your playing guessing games. Another cause for failure could vary well be Chinese internals, this was the cause for the blaster I picked up that was already blown.

Do these things we have told you and re post with your findings, and good luck with everything.
Oil injection is deleted I will take a look at jet page. My jet looks to be at 100 so I know it definitely needs to go up. So with that being said about my jet and my hose on carb. What could of broken that looks like a ring ?

Absolutely, post some pics of what your talking about and I will be pleased to help. If your running a factory Mikuni VM carburetor then a 100 is blow your engine lean. The stock jetting on the carb goes 220 main jet and 32.5 pilot jet.

Absolutely, post some pics of what your talking about and I will be pleased to help. If your running a factory Mikuni VM carburetor then a 100 is blow your engine lean. The stock jetting on the carb goes 220 main jet and 32.5 pilot jet.
It’s the few couple of pics above this

Got you, yeah I just scrolled right by it. Yep, that looks to be a complete garbage Chinese replica carb bud. Junk it and try to find a good used unit on fleebay. No wonder you had issues.

Copy cats do say Mikuni on them, in fact I have seen about six up close in person. But they were very different from a genuine carburetor. I mean just look at that carb, it’s not even close to a real Mikuni vm 26 and that’s just from the float area pics.

I see your premixing and nipple on carb is not capped off. It has a hose on it. Which is an air leak. That carb is what fryed your top end most likely.get an oem carb if possible
Wow my carb looks way different. Thank you both for the help. I’ll keep you updated

Reactions: Slydog