head mod

xmous3yx

Dec 19, 2008
somerset county, nj
does having a headmod drastically increase fuel consumption? because i dont really wanna be refueling often. i wanna go out and explore trails. and im keeping up with a 450r and a 440ex so im really on the throttle. i dont really wanna buy an IMS oversized fueltank. if i go with porting im gonna have to buy one. if not ill have to buy myself a fourpoke.

Bump bump..... Boom! soo head mod makes me use less gas? cuz i want it to PERFORM! can it be done so that it performs and its more efficient than stock?
thats what he said.......

porting usually changes how much gas you use....not only that, but with more power you tend to be into the gas more..hahahaha if i had a cool head with custom domes or custom cut head the gas consumption wouldnt be as much i bet....a lot of it has to do with the head design. not so much as how much you cut off (as in milled heads) its more about the dome part of the head....

Porting and head work don't always make your engine use much more gas, a bigger carb effects gas consumption much more..... the down side is to get the most power out of your engine you will need a bigger carb eventually.

You could shell out the $250 and get a ims 4gal tank... still cheaper then a new $1500-2500 quad!

yeah my bro has a 4gal IMS on his 440ex(the one with the carbon fiber plastics) his bike SUCKS FUEL DOWN!!!!!!!!! he still has stock carb lol. i should just sell the blasty and get a 450r. im getting a lil big for the thing anyways(im 6'4).... lol