Hard to start.

Don't tell me you are trying to get that thing running with a sock stuffed in the intake duct.

No wonder you are having trouble.

So now the sock is where it belongs and a proper air filter in place.

Providing the motor is leak free, the float level is correct and the idle is set as per specs, you should have no problems starting.

Or is there something else that you may be keeping from us.

So now the sock is where it belongs and a proper air filter in place.

Providing the motor is leak free, the float level is correct and the idle is set as per specs, you should have no problems starting.

Or is there something else that you may be keeping from us.
?? I posted on page 2 that it now starts fine... Problem has been fixed?

Yep there's one there.
You know how i was talking about it wouldn't start? Now it starts first or second kick..even after letting it sit today for 5 hours. A fuel flush did the trick! Kinda surprised...

But, but you confused the issue by saying a fuel flush fixed the problem, then rabbited on in a later post about a sock stuffed in the intake.

might have just been crappy gas, or maybe you had something lodged in one of the carb passages and it came unlodged? lol idk. is your filter clean?

The air filter? The previous owner stuck a cut up sock in it? Lmao..I need to get a new one.

Hahahaha I was but I just picked up a filter

Well i finally took the petcock out of mine because i dont like how stiff it is. Turns out i have quite a bit of crap in the bottom of my tank... I also lost one of the seals, so i went to our extra tank...... Bad idea lol, petcock was smaller and i kid you not, it was like tar inside

So yeh, make sure you dont let crap in your tank! I:I :D