Gusset Placement With Diagram.

Gusset BL6-1 I'm confused about.
I scaled the image up that's at the top of this thread to the right size and all gussets fit perfect apart from one.

This is the spot it goes?
DSCN3491_zpsphj8z8p4.jpg

But this is the gusset.
DSCN3492_zpsyw3wsdls.jpg

Turn it round.
DSCN3493_zps90giixnm.jpg

Any one else had this problem?

By the looks of the diagram it "looks" like it goes there.. Have you tried te b5 but on the side you are showing in the pics? The angles from the B5 and B6 are obviously different. the B5 should be used for both the left and riht side in the same location ?

Had a look and the only place I can find on the frame is at the front above the upper a arms. Size of the gusset is a bit on the big side for there. The ones in Green.

Blaster%20frame%20gussets-01-01_zps4yr80tnc.jpg

Maybe they just did a error on there image and no one picked up on it.

Dont add that GUSSET!

Adding that gusset may make mounting custom FRAME GUARDS extremely difficult!
BUT adding that gusset in the RIGHT spot, like flush with the frame will give you a nice spot to bolt a custom frame guard to. o_O

Reactions: jus_me
This may help some people out. Made the image to scale. So all you have to do is print it on your printer. Make sure you have your printer set to Do Not Scale. Un-tick Fit To Page or shrink to fit. After printing it glue it to your sheet of steel and start cutting, grinding, file.

Download JPG file: HERE
Download PDF file: HERE
Download EPS file: HERE

If this is breaking any rules let me know. Or you can remove it. Just thinking it be a help to people.

The website http://www.tprusa.com/ is no longer working and I cannot find any places that sell a kit.

I will be getting it laser cut with a couple of other custom brackets.

Reactions: Awk08
Also here is the gusset for the bottom of the frame right where the rear a arms bolt up/ where the frame bends out.
Seen some photos of it on frames and people talking about it so draw it up.

Images of the files.
Blaster%20Gussets%20Vector_zpsi3bj08ei.jpg

I will be getting them laser cut this week and will upload a photo of them all as soon as I get them.

Last edited:
Also here is the gusset for the bottom of the frame right where the rear a arms bolt up/ where the frame bends out.
Seen some photos of it on frames and people talking about it so draw it up.

Images of the files.
Blaster%20Gussets%20Vector_zpsi3bj08ei.jpg

Whats the thickness and material used for these

NICE!
Some day im going to gusset and repaint my old frame, or just find a cheap frame to gusset and paint, then do the everything swap.

Reactions: DKavcak
Laser cutting file for gussets. Go ahead everyone and build build build.

Attachments

• Gussets kit.zip
    308.8 KB · Views: 260
NICE!
Some day im going to gusset and repaint my old frame, or just find a cheap frame to gusset and paint, then do the everything swap.
I have the same idea. I just parted my Blaster out, but my buddy and I are swapping frames since his didn't come with a title.

I might keep his frame, gusset it, and just make a bonkers quad slowly ;)

I have the same idea. I just parted my Blaster out, but my buddy and I are swapping frames since his didn't come with a title.

I might keep his frame, gusset it, and just make a bonkers quad slowly ;)
Hmmm. Do it as a side project?